Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two MAs - Where Should We Look?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuestroJuan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Two MAs - Where Should We Look? Reply with quote

Dear All,

Greetings from the States. My girlfriend and I are planning on getting married and finding work for the coming autumn. I'm completing my MA in TESOL (in-person classes), and she has had the same MA for about a year now. My girlfriend has four years of English teaching experience in French public schools, and she has been tutoring L1 and L2 writing, at the university and graduate level, for about three years now. She's actually interested in pursuing a Ph.D in second language writing after she gains some more teaching experience. I taught English in Azerbaijani public school for two years with the US Peace Corps, and I taught kids, teenagers, and adults for about three years at language centers in Baku, Azerbaijan and Kazan, Russia. Here in the States, I've taught Mexican university students and adults for an exchange program, and I've been at my current job, teaching ESL and science to unaccompanied minors from Central America, for a little over two years.

So, that's our background information, and we're currently looking for work just about anywhere where we can make a decent living. We're both interested in teaching at the university level. For my girlfriend, she can go with high school at the youngest, and I can be a bit more flexible about age, depending on job prospects. We would like to make at least a couple grand a month and have some vacation time during the year (Oh, and it would also be nice if we didn't get totally overloaded with teaching hours). Because I haven't taught in Asia (or, at least, nowhere east of Azerbaijan), it's hard to gauge what exactly our job prospects will be. I have heard that getting a university position in Korea is hard without university teaching experience, but maybe one can get one if he or she is "on the ground" in Korea. Also, I believe it's possible to get a uni position in China, although the air pollution doesn't appeal to either of us. Really, we are quite open to any thoughts you all may have for folks in our situation.

I hope we're not asking for too much, and any insight on where we should look would be greatly appreciated. I also apologize if this is the thousandth time you all have seen a question like this. Whatever the case, I very much appreciate your time.

I'll be making similar posts in other forums. Sorry for the redundancy.

Take care.

NuestroJuan
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: