Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Residence permit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccoll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Residence permit Reply with quote

I received my first Polish residence permit during July 2016. It was based on living with my Polish girlfriend in Warsaw.
I asked the foreigners office about the procedure to renew the permit for another year, and the person on the phone said I cannot get a second permit based on living with my girlfriend, in Poland this is only a temporary option for 1 year and after 1 year I must do something else, get married, work for a Polish company, register a company, enroll in a course, etc.
I have my own online business and prefer not to register it in Poland.
Is the above info correct? Or is it a case of ask another person in the foreigners office and get a different answer?
Master Shake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Living with your girlfriend' is not grounds for residency in Poland, nor any country I've ever heard of.

Care to elaborate on how you got your residency? Then, we can perhaps give you a more educated answer.
ccoll

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The type of permit I have is 'Pobyt Czasowy'.

I got this permit by showing I had an income from my business (business registered in Australia) and have registered my address in Warsaw, living with my girlfriend. My girlfriend also had to bring her ID card to the foreigners office.
simon_porter00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might need to get some proper legal advice on a number of different issues:
1) extending your stay through some means
2) possibly having to pay tax/zus on you business affairs (even though the company is registered in Oz)

If you are here for over a certain period of time (can't remember what it is) or for an amount of time in a year, then you automatically come under the purview of Poland's tax authorities/zus. Where I work, a girl from Oz could only work for 3 months based on Oz residency, after that she would start having to pay tax in Poland (or some such).

I'm a bit wishy-washy on the details, but nevertheless know that you need to put your hand in your pocket and get some advice or go to that hell-hole on Jerozolimskie where they process foreign undesirables (I was there a month or two ago).
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that for 100%, he is now legally tax resident in Poland. The foreigners office won't entertain him unless he opens a sp. z o.o. (or other limited company) and proves to their satisfaction that the business is actually economically active - which means employing at least two people on umowa o prace, excluding himself.

If you're living in Poland and taking advantage of what Poland offers (for instance, heavily subsidised public transport) - you really should be paying tax here.
sparks

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless youre up for opening the LLC like delph suggests. youre only root id to get married or find a job that will sponsor you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: