Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where to find NET positions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WOOW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: where to find NET positions? Reply with quote

Hi there,
Unfortunately, I was offered an interview for the secondary NET scheme this year but couldn't make the interview. They told me I could look online as some schools hire 'directly'. Does anyone know the best websites to search? Thanks a lot!
warriorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jump.mingpao.com/

http://www.cpjobs.com/hk/
Honky Nick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.classifiedpost.com
WOOW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the links- much appreciate.
BellaBelle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to be in Hong Kong to interview for these jobs or do they hire from overseas? Thank you!
AEW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: We post here on Dave's ESL Reply with quote

Some people visit the schools directly or use agencies like mine to find those positions also. The govt. schools don't always advertise online. Many use an open bid process to fill positions via agencies. I routinely bid on those positions against other education companies then I supply the teachers to the school for that year if I win the bid process.

To apply for the primary and secondary school positions you usually need to be in Hong Kong since the process takes awhile and you need to be available periodically to visit the schools. For placement at education centers or kindergartens we usually do Skype interviews for overseas applicants.

So you can do it either way, but being here gets you a few more opportunities.
BellaBelle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you AEW
CEB

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From now to June would be the prime time to start applying to schools.
HeidiHector

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates? Appreciate it if you could share your experience.

Thanks.
TeacherTim

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: We post here on Dave's ESL Reply with quote

AEW wrote:
Some people visit the schools directly or use agencies like mine to find those positions also. The govt. schools don't always advertise online. Many use an open bid process to fill positions via agencies. I routinely bid on those positions against other education companies then I supply the teachers to the school for that year if I win the bid process.

To apply for the primary and secondary school positions you usually need to be in Hong Kong since the process takes awhile and you need to be available periodically to visit the schools. For placement at education centers or kindergartens we usually do Skype interviews for overseas applicants.

So you can do it either way, but being here gets you a few more opportunities.

I think the OP means NET positions on the Enhanced NET Scheme, not locally recruited 'ELTA's as they are sometimes called. For those positions, yes, use an agency, but if you are outside HK then it is difficult to get a position as there's already a large pool of applicants in HK itself. My school has always used agencies and never entertained speculative applications, but that's my school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: