Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website that has COLOMBIA Apt / House Rental Listing ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldandNew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Website that has COLOMBIA Apt / House Rental Listing ? Reply with quote

+ Also Posted Under ColOmbia so I Hope This NOT a No-No +
-
Hello again and as ALWAYS, Thanking EveryOne Who Responds
-
If you have some knowledge of ColOmbia.
-
I am considering both Mexico and Columbia as possible places to retire and find part time work (I'm very creative in that department)
-
I have lived in Mexico for 5 years during the 80's and speak a decent Spanish for a 'Gringo'. I am single, 63, in good health, active, Very OK with Non-Gringo community.
-
In the Mexico forum I was lucky enough to have someone direct me via a link to a website that has local rental ads in all of Mexico, which are oriented towards the local population and not high priced 'Gringo Housing'
-
Would anyone know of such a website that has COLOMBIA apt/house rentals, particularly in Medellin and surrounding communities where I can get a good idea of real costs for my budget.
-
Can you make any suggestions of areas both within Medellin, its outskirts or nearby towns
-
I am looking to find a simple-comfortable-clean 1-2 bedroom apt or house in a relatively 'safe' neighborhood with monthly rents No higher than $375 USD ($400 USD if I really have to) -Is this a reality?
-
Thanking you in advance,
OldandNew

Last edited by OldandNew on Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
wanderingxelmundo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a third site that I can't remember or find, but here are two:

https://www.olx.com.co/casas-apartamentos-arriendo-cat-363

http://www.mercadolibre.com.co/inmuebles/

Although the following is primarily for shares, they have some ads for the entire apartment, or for real estate companies that might have listings:

http://www.compartoapto.com

$350 at the moment is nearly 1,200,000 pesos: yes even in Bogota you can easily find an apartment for that amount.

However, as I've mentioned to you before in your previous thread(s), the issue in Colombia (note spelling: I don't want to be the spelling police, but you should know how to spell the name of the country you're going to) is that to rent an apartment in the bigger cities (and maybe small ones; I don't know about those either way) you need a cosigner: someone who both owns property in Colombia and also has good credit (according to the Colombian system). That is why you would need to rent something other than a regular rental until you make contacts. And just like in the US, asking someone to cosign a lease is a huge favor not undertaken lightly. When I lived in Bogota I was able to rent something by prepaying an entire year AND getting recommendation letters from 2 Colombians (who didn't meet the above criteria) only with a lot of negotiation. While that was quite a long time ago I know from contacts there and the boards here (you can find a lot of info by searching and reading) that those requirements are still in place.

At the current exchange rate even short term rentals would be ok with your budget, but who knows how long that will last. Currently at around 3,400 pesos per dollar. But that's nearly double what it was 18 months ago.

And, no, there are no hot, sexy, beautiful, rich Colombian women just dying to meet a gringo 30 years older than them so they can take care of said gringo in Colombia.
OldandNew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: WELL -WELL -WELL (AND THANK YOU) Reply with quote

wanderingxelmundo wrote:
And, no, there are no hot, sexy, beautiful, rich Colombian women just dying to meet a gringo 30 years older than them so they can take care of said gringo in Colombia.

Actually, I am handsome, in great shape, great health, active, funny and fun to be with.
-
I am interested in meeting a 43-53 year old Hot Sexy Beautiful Latina woman for a 1 on 1 long term relationship.
-
I am first going to be renting a furnished room on a monthly for 3-6 month basis or monthly in a hotel (if not to crazy a price) to get a feel of things before I commit to an apt/house. . . .Do the same monetary and co-signer requirements hold for renting a room ??
-
PS Thanks for the Info (and don't be so quick on the draw) Smile
wanderingxelmundo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: WELL -WELL -WELL (AND THANK YOU) Reply with quote

OldandNew wrote:

I am first going to be renting a furnished room on a monthly for 3-6 month basis or monthly in a hotel (if not to crazy a price) to get a feel of things before I commit to an apt/house. . . .Do the same monetary and co-signer requirements hold for renting a room ??
-

I thought that was clear, but no it doesn't apply. I'd suggest compartoapto.com, link in my previous message. You'll see many rooms for 600,000-800,000 (some more some less) which is $177-$236 as of today.

There are also efficiency-type places. Anything that's monthly and not a lease shouldn't need the co-signer.

I'm not sure why you think I care about your appearance. I don't.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanderingxelmundo wrote:
OldandNew wrote:
wanderingxelmundo wrote:

Actually, I am handsome, in great shape, great health, active, funny and fun to be with.
-
I am interested in meeting a 43-53 year old Hot Sexy Beautiful Latina woman for a 1 on 1 long term relationship.

I'm not sure why you think I care about your appearance. I don't.

Laughing

That type of question/area of interest is best for those numerous general, country-specific expat sites on the Net. Good luck!
OldandNew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: THANKS TO ALL Reply with quote

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE VALUABLE INFO
CTravel32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanderingxelmundo wrote:

$350 at the moment is nearly 1,200,000 pesos: yes even in Bogota you can easily find an apartment for that amount.

However, as I've mentioned to you before in your previous thread(s), the issue in Colombia (note spelling: I don't want to be the spelling police, but you should know how to spell the name of the country you're going to) is that to rent an apartment in the bigger cities (and maybe small ones; I don't know about those either way) you need a cosigner: someone who both owns property in Colombia and also has good credit (according to the Colombian system). That is why you would need to rent something other than a regular rental until you make contacts. And just like in the US, asking someone to cosign a lease is a huge favor not undertaken lightly. When I lived in Bogota I was able to rent something by prepaying an entire year AND getting recommendation letters from 2 Colombians (who didn't meet the above criteria) only with a lot of negotiation. While that was quite a long time ago I know from contacts there and the boards here (you can find a lot of info by searching and reading) that those requirements are still in place.

At the current exchange rate even short term rentals would be ok with your budget, but who knows how long that will last. Currently at around 3,400 pesos per dollar. But that's nearly double what it was 18 months ago.

In Chapinero you can very easily find a 1 bedroom apartment for under 1 million or even under 900,000. I paid about 880 for my year spent in Chap. You can find rooms within a larger apartment up north in safer areas like Mazuren, everything included, for 400 to 450,000. 1.2 mil is too much IMO.

As for your second point, there might not be any rich sexy Colombians willing to meet an aging gringo but there sure are enough sketchy girls and/or girls with more modest backgrounds looking to get out of Kennedy, or whatever, to live in some hip area of the city with said gringo. In other words, be careful with who you meet and decide to date. My wife and I, especially me, always laugh at the poor taste a lot of foreign guys seem to have, like really basic girls and sometimes really low class and trashy. Stick with the more classy girls that are easier to find in better parts of the north.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: