Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil rig jobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatcher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Oil rig jobs Reply with quote

A few years ago, a friend of mine got a job on an oil rig out of the UAE... month in then a month out... anyone know where these jobs are posted?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a few years late. I guess you haven't been following the GCC business and economic news about the declining oil market:

Quote:
ABU DHABI -- Thousands of layoffs at state-linked companies in Abu Dhabi are a fresh sign the Gulf's wealthy oil states are hunkering down for a long period of austerity as low crude prices pressure their economies.

Abu Dhabi's National Oil Co (ADNOC), with around 55,000 staff, has cut hundreds of jobs in the last few months and will have reduced its workforce by at least 5,000 by the end of 2016, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The UAE's oil and gas recruitment market is set for its most difficult year in over a decade in 2016, a report from recruiters Morgan McKinley said.

"The oil and gas industry is still feeling the pain, as was to be expected. Overall redundancies have been on the increase," said Trefor Murphy, managing director for the region.

(Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/emirates-employment-oil-idUSL5N18H2LL)
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

The mothership of the oil and gas companies (opcos) is ADNOC. The opcos are ADCO, Al-Hosn, Takreer, ADMA, Zadco, ADgas, Gasco and so on.

Just about every English teacher I know has been laid off by these opcos in 2017.

1000s of expat staff have been laid off by these companies in the past 12 months.

I work for an opco but treat every paycheck like it's my last.

Shame as these jobs are the most lucarative in ELT outside Dyncoprps Iraq postings. We're on 30k a year (GBP) more than BAe!!

You're a decade too late.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Horrified Reply with quote

Horrified to see Language Solutions advertising for a teaching position in the UAE oil and gas sector.

That means it really is over. $7,000 for 8 weeks of work and 8 lessons per day.

Using Cutting Edge and fobbing the client off with blended learning and the Macmillan E-Campus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: