Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Temp health/travel insurance?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reblair79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Temp health/travel insurance? Reply with quote

I heading to Vietnam on a business arrival visa on 19th August. The company will provide health insurance once the work permit is processed. This can take a few weeks though.

In the meantime, does anyone know if I should take a temporary travel OR health insurance? I understand these two types of insurance to be quite different. Also, any recommendations for any specific insurance company you have used in this situation?

Thanks, Ray.
1st Sgt Welsh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get travel insurance, which also covers medical emergencies. I've used these guys many times before:

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/
RustyShackleford

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of health insurance are they providing?

Companies are supposed to give it to full-time workers but the government insurance is borderline useless from how I've understood it.
reblair79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyShackleford wrote:
What kind of health insurance are they providing?

Companies are supposed to give it to full-time workers but the government insurance is borderline useless from how I've understood it.

The company provides health insurance for all employees through the Insurance Brokers, Gras Savoye Willis Vietnam. Wall Street pays 3% for teachers and teachers pay 1.5% based on their basic salary. This insurance is only for health cover and does not protect against theft or provide with any type of contents insurance.

The insurance will cover from the day I start working there, however, during the first 30 days I am only covered for accidents. After the first 30 days I'm then covered for doctors and dental appointments, check-ups, etc.

They say it usually takes up to two weeks before you receive your insurance card so suggest buying some temporary health insurance to cover for your journey over here and for your initial settling in period.
jim_brava

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMG Europe Globe Hopper is pretty good, IIRC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: