Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hardest part of the DELTA course?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluffytwo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elicit wrote:
Have the module one exam booked for June 7th.

No language awareness revision done. Gave up on the Delta Quizlet cards when one told me Harmer had first established speech acts as the smallest units of discourse analysis. There was me believing it was Sinclair and Coulthard in the 1970s with their analysis of classroom discourse.

Done some how to take the module one exam reading though. Hoping that'll see me through.

With excellent quality control like that, I can't wait to finally stump up for and start the DELTA! So excited!! Razz Laughing
Elicit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubious quality control confirmed... cause me past Shocked
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Elicit!

(And Cambridge has no control over Quizlet, anyone can upload a set).
fluffytwo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(And Cambridge has no control over Quizlet, anyone can upload a set).

Oh OK, then they're even more worthless! Yey!!
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quizlet is just an app. You can use it to make your own virtual flashcards, or you can choose use other people's if they've made them public. Some people upload junk. To say that makes the whole app worthless is like arguing that Word is worthless because some people use it to make crappy lesson plans and then upload them to the internet.
Elicit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers HLJHLJ.
fluffytwo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I wouldn't let just anyone (even those who haven't enrolled to do the DELTA? Sorry, have had more important things to do than check!) upload these fabled quizlets, though I can somewhat see the appeal of checking out (if not quite trusting or indeed believing) what apparent cohorts may have come up with.

Anyway, we at least seem to agree that there is a fair amount of rubbish put out in ELT land (sometimes even from those who really should know better). Kudos to Elicit for not only passing, but what's more, knowing his seasoned onions from his knobbly spuds.
nwtefl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Module 1 Reply with quote

I'm really struggline with M1 as I don't really know what resources can help. I'm thinking it best to just try and do exam practice. Also. the first 2 questions on Paper 1 are ridiculous and pretty useless. Trying to remember terminology or give definitions ? Testing your memory skills.
Elicit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Module 1 Reply with quote

@fluffy. A compliment from the nocturnal furry grammarian himself. Honoured.

nwtefl wrote:
I'm really struggline with M1 as I don't really know what resources can help. I'm thinking it best to just try and do exam practice. Also. the first 2 questions on Paper 1 are ridiculous and pretty useless. Trying to remember terminology or give definitions ? Testing your memory skills.

I guarantee that you’ll know at least half of these already without further reading. Last paper there was minimal pair, CLIL and norm-referenced from memory. Can’t remember the rest as i did it a few months ago.

These two parts carry little towards the overall marks in the first paper. I would concentrate on the later sections. As I remember, parts 4 and 5 are heavily weighted in terms of the marks available. All the best if you’re doing December’s exam paper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: