Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coco Juku eikaiwa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
koremitsu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Coco Juku eikaiwa Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. Smile

I'm from Scotland and I just recently graduated in Japanese. I studied for a year in Tokyo and although I had a good time, I'm hoping to go elsewhere this time. I applied for and got into COCO Juku eikaiwa. I asked to be placed in somewhere like Sapporo or Kobe but I was told that I could be put anywhere really.

What I was hoping to ask is - does anyone know anything about COCO Juku? Admittedly, my first choice was Aeon but I didn't even get an interview (I think it may have been because I already have teaching experience and I've heard that they much prefer 'fresh' applications).

Do people have recommendations like getting into Japan, testing COCO Juku for a year and then seeing what's what? Or, alternatively, getting in and then eventually switching to Aeon or ECC within/after a year (wherein they have more benefits), or even studying towards a CELTA and getting out of the eikaiwa business as soon as possible?

I'm probably getting ahead of myself - I don't even know where I'll be situated and I definitely haven't even started my job yet.

That said, COCO Juku submitted my COE application last week. On average, how long does it take to be processed and sent back?

I'm quite nervous - I'm sure wherever I get will be great. I just really want somewhere cosy this time, but not too stagnant.

Thanks in advance!
mitsui

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not read good things about them, but it is a way to get to Japan.
If you could work in Kobe or Sapporo, that would be good.
Both are nice cities, and not crowded like around Tokyo.
Rooster.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an interview lined up with them a few years ago and decided to not do it because what they wanted was ridiculous. The few reviews out there at the time didn't make the place seem worth it although it didn't sound horrible.

Don't worry about your COE, but don't go to Japan without everything being settled.

Reviews now are middling.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Coco-Juku-Reviews-E571513.htm
koremitsu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooster. wrote:
I had an interview lined up with them a few years ago and decided to not do it because what they wanted was ridiculous. The few reviews out there at the time didn't make the place seem worth it although it didn't sound horrible.

Don't worry about your COE, but don't go to Japan without everything being settled.

Thanks for your response. What were they wanting from you?

And yeah, I think now that a few years have passed since its inception, it's slightly improved (from what I've read on the reviews on glassdoor).

Do you know how long CoE takes to process? I believe Coco Juku sent in my CoE to the Japanese embassy about 12 days ago. I guess I'm in somewhat of a hurry as I'm eager to leave where I am right now.
Rooster.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koremitsu wrote:
Rooster. wrote:

Thanks for your response. What were they wanting from you?

And yeah, I think now that a few years have passed since its inception, it's slightly improved (from what I've read on the reviews on glassdoor).

Do you know how long CoE takes to process? I believe Coco Juku sent in my CoE to the Japanese embassy about 12 days ago. I guess I'm in somewhat of a hurry as I'm eager to leave where I am right now.

I don't remember the exact amount of time, but they wanted a 30+ minute demo plus whatever else was a part of the interview over Skype. Compared to every other Skype interview I thought it was way too much for what I would get and from what I had heard about the company.

The CoE time can very. I wouldn't worry about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: