Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you want to change jobs midcontract read this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikoohadi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: If you want to change jobs midcontract read this Reply with quote

Hi
I thought this small piece of info might be useful for those of you who want to change jobs. I have recently changed my job midcontract and unfortunately I didn't know about this when I handed in my resignation letter. As you know when you leave your job your work permit as well as your residence permit becomes null and it will take 2-3 months for your new permit to be issued. You don't want to stay in the country illegally in the meantime. I have been told that in order to avoid this problem I should state the reason ( job change) in my resignation letter and also ASK FOR MY OLD WORK PERMIT TO BE CANCELLED ONLY AFTER MY NEW PERMIT IS ISSUED. Your old employer MUST state this in their email or whatever it is they write when they inform the government that you are not working with them anymore. I guess when you state this in your letter they have no choice but to mention this as they have to scan and upload your letter into their system. This is what " çalışma bakanlık" told me when I called them to see if my permit was cancelled. Unfortunately it was too late for me at that time and my permit had been cancelled.
Here is something else. Although they say that you have to leave within 10 days you might still have a chance if you have your old permit with a valid date written on it, while crossing the border. I am not sure how this works. If it's legal or they are just too careless to check if your permit is still valid or not. But most of the time when you show them your card you are considered legal.
Hope it helped Smile
nichtta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! This is really useful.
Peyman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful information to know. Thanks for posting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: