Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

re: jeddah knowledge international school

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siologen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: re: jeddah knowledge international school Reply with quote

OK,

So, has anyone worked for this outfit in the past? Can't find any mention of salaries or packages anywhere on the net? Have checked the website of said school but it mentions all the things like great tax free salary and so on, but nothing specific.

Can anyone who has worked there comment on pay/conditions? Also, Jeddah is meant to be a bit nicer and more liberal than the rest of the kingdom, although from what I have read of the weather conditions,"steamy" (humid?) in summer, and warmer winters, perhaps caused by the proximity to the red sea?

Cheers on,
S
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Was offered a position at Jeddah Knowledge school for a general idea of the contract (back in 2015).

Jeddah is quite humid.
BajaLaJaula

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: humid Reply with quote

Sharbatly is a very nice compound. At least it was very nice before the fire. Houses were a bit small but the pools and other amenities were top notch back in 2012.
I doubt that they still have that housing available, though. Word on the street was that there was at least a one year waiting period.

-1 Salary is low. Very low.
+1 Housing, if in Sharbatly, is pretty darn good.
-1 Working conditions. Teaching spoiled kids...probably a nightmare.

I would find out more before signing on. Verify housing and hours. If you love kids, even the spoiled rotten ones, and you can't wait to get to Jeddah then you might give it a go.

Jeddah is humid and very hot during 5 months of the year. Traffic is horrible. Shopping...lots of it. More liberal...well I guess it is more liberal than the interior but I would still suggest trying to blend in as much as possible.

After a few months of experiencing the culture:

Me first, You never.
Don't bother yourself. Someone else will do it.
Inshallah tomorrow.
Wait in line? I am Saudi.
I can't get my thobe dirty.
My uncle knows Prince so and so.
Gawking, catcalling, and worse is permissible because they are showing their hair.
It is not stealing if they are khawaja.

Go for a few years. It might make you appreciate what the rest of the world has gotten right.

Last edited by BajaLaJaula on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
siologen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: re: thanks for both of your posts.... Reply with quote

Might have to turn this an opportunity "no", unless the kids are not too young. Also nowhere is pay mentioned, are we talking lower end salaries like 8.500 SAR a month?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siologen wrote:
Nowhere is pay mentioned, are we talking lower end salaries like 8.500 SAR a month?

You'd have to apply to see what you'd get. Also, JKS doesn't do business visas; you'd likely have to return to home soil for a proper employment visa.
siologen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: re: thanks Reply with quote

Quote:
You'd have to apply to see what you'd get. Also, JKS doesn't do business visas; you'd likely have to return to home soil for a proper employment visa.

Thanks, but I don't seem to recall that I was enquiring about the job for me personally, but I will state for the record that I am, I guess it was obvious. But where did I mention about a business visa in the OP? Apologies if I did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: