Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drinking Rules...You're Goin'to Drive Me to Drinkin'...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Drink a pint of water before going to sleep (if you're not in the UK, drink half a litre instead). It really does make a difference!

2. Coat your stomach with milk before you start drinking. It slows down that absorbtion. I knew somebody who used to do this until he became a vegan and couldn't drink milk, at which point his tolerance for alcohol fell through the floor.

3. NEVER, NEVER send a text message while drunk. If the other person can even work out what you've tried to say, chances it was something embarassing / vicious / obscene / totally inappropriate for your girlfriend's grandmother. and then you'll be looking at their shocked and confused reply in the morning, trying to remember through your hangover what you might have said. Not that I've been there, or anything. Embarassed

Rob.
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: drinking tips Reply with quote

Vodka 'Redbull' gives you truly appalling hangovers.
R

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also tastes sickly sweet. An alcopop for people who don't want to be seen drinking alcopops. And these people who drink them all night... how much energy do you NEED?
scot47

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: furrin Reply with quote

Gerard - Foreign countries are not uniform. they have different laws. This is sometimes a shock to rookies who think Planet Earth is divided into two parts : " Amurka and Furrin Places"

Objective evidence is that these "Furrin Places" are really rather different from each other. But some denizens of God's Own Country cannot grasp that - even after working in some of them "Furrin Places".

Now I will await the torrent of abuse telling me that I am a commie agent and a godless anti-American.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: