Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moved on to other things - who has done it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Moved on to other things - who has done it? Reply with quote

I used to be quite a regular on these board way back in the aughts when I first come to Mexico. Met people with whom I am still friends Smile

I thought I come back and see how active this particular board is so Ill add a topic.

How many of you are long timers who have moved away from (either fully or partially) from teaching English here in Mexico? If so, what do you do?

My husband (Mexican) and I are working on projects and I curious to hear any stories out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Phil_K

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, got out. I was faking it all along in any case. Now run a travel agency with my wife.
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: mexico Reply with quote

In Mexico?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Phil_K

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Freelance from home.
MotherF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to be a housewife for a time, but I was no good at it, and the money sucked too I went back to the university! Razz

Last edited by MotherF on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotherF wrote:
I tried to be a housewife for a time, but I was no good at it, and the money sucked to I went back to the university! Razz

I did that for a time...househubby. You're right...the pay sucked.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still teaching online, but have cut back my hours. We are doing dessert tables for parties and other special order things. It has been growing, so am hoping in another year or two to cut back to teaching 10 hours a week and just do this all the time. I love baking and making all different kinds of treat, so it is not even like work! I have also been making durable dog toys and selling them on Etsy, but it is up and down, so not likely to be something to depend on.
Gringo Greg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing a lot of old usernames. I miss you guys.

I am in Mexico but haven't taught anywhere in more than 5 years. I've thought about going back to teaching, but I am mostly doing programming and similar work online these days.

In my time on this board in its previous iterations as well(I originally came onto the site in 1997.), times have certainly changed and my own life has changed. I have went from having no degree to having a fake degree to having a genuine BS degree and now two Master's degrees. I went from no kids to 5 kids. In fact, our 5 kids were born in 4 different countries. I've taught in several countries, like Thailand, Korea, Honduras, China and the Philippines, but Mexico is where it all started.

Sometimes I really would like to go back to teaching. It's always going to be a part of me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: