Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parcel forwarding companies that ship to Oman

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Parcel forwarding companies that ship to Oman Reply with quote

There is a company called Box Oregon that specializes in shipping Amazon items to expatriates in South Korea. It is a workaround for getting items that won't ship direct. You send your package to them and they forward to their customers in Korea. Is there anything like this for Oman?
1st Sgt Welsh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of the guys you mentioned, but, had no problems with DHL when I was in Oman if that helps. Also had quite a few things sent via regular post. You need to open a PO box though in order to receive it. There's no door-to-door delivery. Seemed reliable, but, is very, very slow.
Charlie123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for a workaround to the shipping prices to Oman on Amazon. Typically, it costs more to ship something than the product itself. Box Oregon charges $12.50, and they ship fast.
1st Sgt Welsh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me about it. I'm into underwater photography and once needed some stuff that you could literally fit into a trouser pocket. The equipment was about 10 GBP, but the delivery cost was almost an extra fifty quid. I spent some time trying to find other alternatives, but, there weren't any. Things like that have happened to me a few times and I've just learned to accept it as part and parcel of being abroad and now I invariably just bite the bullet.
Sleepwalker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Al Manahil - they might be able to help. 24 485757
jjghdfgyh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Parcel forwarding companies that ship to Oman Reply with quote

Charlie123 wrote:
There is a company called Box Oregon that specializes in shipping Amazon items to expatriates in South Korea. It is a workaround for getting items that won't ship direct. You send your package to them and they forward to their customers in Korea. Is there anything like this for Oman?

The best service to ship to Oman is Aramex Shop and Ship. It’s exactly like Box Oregon. I hardly do any shopping in Oman. It’s almost all online or Dubai. Even with shipping charges it works out to the same or cheaper than buying in Oman and I don’t have to deal with traffic. Depends what you’re buying. Aramex has an office and warehouse in Kuwhair to pick up your items.

https://www.shopandship.com/en/service-updates/48659/Shop-and-Ship-Lifetime-Membership-for-USD-10-only?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInuG93c2C2AIVS7vtCh20dgNYEAAYASAAEgIRLPD_BwE
Charlie123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Parcel forwarding companies that ship to Oman Reply with quote

Thanks! that is exactly what I am looking for. It is a bit more expensive than I had hoped, though -- 8 OMR for the first half kilo and 3 OMR after that. Do you know if they have locations outside of Muscat?

jjghdfgyh wrote:
Charlie123 wrote:

The best service to ship to Oman is Aramex Shop and Ship. It’s exactly like Box Oregon. I hardly do any shopping in Oman. It’s almost all online or Dubai. Even with shipping charges it works out to the same or cheaper than buying in Oman and I don’t have to deal with traffic. Depends what you’re buying. Aramex has an office and warehouse in Kuwhair to pick up your items.

https://www.shopandship.com/en/service-updates/48659/Shop-and-Ship-Lifetime-Membership-for-USD-10-only?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInuG93c2C2AIVS7vtCh20dgNYEAAYASAAEgIRLPD_BwE
jjghdfgyh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Parcel forwarding companies that ship to Oman Reply with quote

Charlie123 wrote:
Thanks! that is exactly what I am looking for. It is a bit more expensive than I had hoped, though -- 8 OMR for the first half kilo and 3 OMR after that. Do you know if they have locations outside of Muscat?

jjghdfgyh wrote:
Charlie123 wrote:

Hmmm I thought it’s 5.5 first half kilo and then 3.7. Yes they have locations outside Muscat. Check their website. If you ship a lot you can pay for their Flex service which brings the shipping cost down. I find that even with shipping costs it’s usually cheaper than buying in Oman. Depends.
madrileno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Parcel forwarding companies that ship to Oman Reply with quote

Charlie123 wrote:

I know Aramex has offices in Salalah and Sohar. I don't know about any of the smaller towns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: