Site Search:
 
Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IB Jobs in Mexico

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
manomano



Joined: 27 Jun 2016
Posts: 8
Location: China

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject: IB Jobs in Mexico Reply with quote

Hello,

I was guided to this forum by a post in the general discussion forum.

My partner and I, both Irish citizens, are looking at moving somewhere else to teach next January/February. Currently we are in China. We have been teaching the IB curriculum at an authorized PYP school for 3 years. Both of us have been grade leaders for 2 of those 3 years. We are not certified teachers in our own country. We hold TEFL qualifications as well as Bachelor degrees unrelated to teaching.

We are very experienced at teaching the PYP at kindergarten level so we would like to continue teaching the IB curriculum to children of that age-group.

Can anyone provide me with the names of some candidate/authorized PYP schools in Mexico?

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Courchesne



Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 9650
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full list available on the IB website http://www.ibo.org/programmes/find-an-ib-school/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
manomano



Joined: 27 Jun 2016
Posts: 8
Location: China

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
Full list available on the IB website http://www.ibo.org/programmes/find-an-ib-school/


I had already looked at the list of IB schools on the IBO website before posting in here. However, it appears that I ticked the box that said "State Schools" instead of "Private Schools" when editing the search filter Rolling Eyes

0 schools came up when I did the initial search so I tried again just now and realized my mistake. 51 PYP schools for Mexico, time to delve deeper Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Courchesne



Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 9650
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51 sounds low...

Bear in mind that the list you see might not distinguish between Spanish and English programs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nomad soul



Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 11451
Location: The real world

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious... Do IB and private English-medium schools tend to hire teachers from outside the country, or do job seekers need to be in Mexico to secure work with these schools?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Courchesne



Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 9650
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Just curious... Do IB and private English-medium schools tend to hire teachers from outside the country, or do job seekers need to be in Mexico to secure work with these schools?


Depends greatly on the school. The larger IB schools with English as the medium of instruction for 50-100 percent of subjects will hire from abroad through job fairs or other means. The same applies to non-IB schools with a high percentage of English language (or other non-Spanish languages) subjects.

I'd say about 20% of all such schools hire from abroad, and the other 80% prefer you to be in Mexico already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2018 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Teaching Jobs in China
Teaching Jobs in China