Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie in Berlin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning a visit to a city I first came to know in 1964 - the "Florence on the Elbe", Dresden now capital of the Federal State of Saxony - "Freistaat Sachsen".
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course no one is interested in the ramblings of an Old Man like me - I feel like the character Kilgore Trout in the novels by Whatsisname.
twowheel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
Of course no one is interested in the ramblings of an Old Man like me - I feel like the character Kilgore Trout in the novels by Whatsisname.

Ramble on about your ramblings! I remain interested.

I have never been to Dresden, but I have been to Saxony, to Leipzig. I went in March 1994 and that visit made quite an impression on me.

Needless to say, there's been a world of change since that time and I do hope to some day return to Saxony and take in both Dresden and Leipzig.

I envy you!

twowheel
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friendship with a lady in Dresden dates back to the last summer of the GDR when I taught on a summer course at the "Pedagogische Hochschule Karl Liebknecht" in Potsdam. Teachers of English from all over the GDR gathered for 2 weeks of activities designed to enrich their abilities and their knowledge of Anglophone Culture. My special contribution was a seminar on the use of Pop Music and Country Music as teaching aids.

That was in 1990. I first visited Dresden as a youth of 17 summers in 1964.
twowheel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
My friendship with a lady in Dresden dates back to the last summer of the GDR when I taught on a summer course at the "Pedagogische Hochschule Karl Liebknecht" in Potsdam. Teachers of English from all over the GDR gathered for 2 weeks of activities designed to enrich their abilities and their knowledge of Anglophone Culture. My special contribution was a seminar on the use of Pop Music and Country Music as teaching aids.

That was in 1990. I first visited Dresden as a youth of 17 summers in 1964.

The good ole daze!

I remain highly interested in anecdotes about the past and present of die 5 neuen Bundesländer (haha, are they still even referred to as such--28 years later?).

I may get bored traveling through the old BRD but rambling through die ex-DDR would still have me wide-eyed. I would cherish such a trip.

Warm regards,
twowheel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: