Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I get my FEC cancelled before the end of my contract?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kev20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Can I get my FEC cancelled before the end of my contract? Reply with quote

My contract runs until the end of June and I have signed a contract with a new school. I have all the other documents and the FEC is holding things up. My agency have this and some of the staff there say they'll do it on the last day of the contract. Has anyone ever gotten this done before the end of the contract and how early if so?
getbehindthemule

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Can I get my FEC cancelled before the end of my contract Reply with quote

kev20 wrote:
My contract runs until the end of June and I have signed a contract with a new school. I have all the other documents and the FEC is holding things up. My agency have this and some of the staff there say they'll do it on the last day of the contract. Has anyone ever gotten this done before the end of the contract and how early if so?

My contract also runs until the end of June. I'm also in the process of changing schools. My new school needed the FEC about a month ago and my passport was only collected last Friday to process new RP.
Your situation seems crazy, I'd be very wary mate, the last thing you'd want is to be without your passport for a few weeks in July!
Edit: Hope it works out!!
kev20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Can I get my FEC cancelled before the end of my contract Reply with quote

getbehindthemule wrote:
kev20 wrote:

My contract also runs until the end of June. I'm also in the process of changing schools. My new school needed the FEC about a month ago and my passport was only collected last Friday to process new RP.
Your situation seems crazy, I'd be very wary mate, the last thing you'd want is to be without your passport for a few weeks in July!

Interesting, thank you. I won't be leaving the country so being without my passport is not a concern for me. The university I'm moving to are a bit baffled by this, although as I understand it the agency is simply following the proper procedure?

Anyway the University is now going to negotiate with my current employer which will hopefully make it easier.
getbehindthemule

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Can I get my FEC cancelled before the end of my contract Reply with quote

kev20 wrote:
getbehindthemule wrote:
kev20 wrote:

Interesting, thank you. I won't be leaving the country so being without my passport is not a concern for me. The university I'm moving to are a bit baffled by this, although as I understand it the agency is simply following the proper procedure?

Anyway the University is now going to negotiate with my current employer which will hopefully make it easier.

I asked my new school's FAO and my passport won't be back until the end of next week. So expect approx 2 week processing time for your new RP (although it most likely varies from place to place).
no_i_clean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think previously it was easier to get the FEC cancellation before the end of the contract, although it was never legal to work without a valid work permit, but since the system went online I think it's harder to get around it as apparently the school cant even apply for it until 10 days before your finish date.

It depends whether or not the school / agency are willing to break or bend the rules really.
kev20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah as my current employer is a private company I guess they less willing to ignore policy compared to a university or public school, especially when it's of no benefit to them.

I'm now hearing that they'll cancel it 10 days before my contract ends, and I also have to sign something in order to cancel it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: