Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Openings in Greek Universities for the Fall 2017

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodEnglishes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Openings in Greek Universities for the Fall 2017 Reply with quote

Hello friends! I'm casting a wider and wider net on my job hunt.

I know Greece's economy isn't the greatest, but I imagine that there are still universities operating and there are still language programs at these universities. Would anyone know of any university openings for English teachers at Greek universities for this upcoming academic term? I have an MA TESOL and six years of teaching experience in the field. Thank you very much!

Any contributions for individuals who have taught at a university in Greece in some capacity would be especially welcome!
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for possible openings on the Cafe's job board, TESOL.org, higheredjobs, and on specific university websites. (You can do a wiki search for a list of unis in Greece or any other country you're interested in.)
goodEnglishes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: True... Reply with quote

I have been looking at a wide range of job hunting websites in-depth for the past 6 months and here and there for the past two years. I have never come across a university opening in Greece. Locating universities on Wikipedia and then trying to find their employment portals seems to be the only option short of being in country. I was hoping though by posting here I could dig up some better leads than this!
spiral78

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have colleagues in a couple of Greek universities, and am told that openings are quite rare and normally snapped up by locals.

I just guess that there's really very little going, especially as regards advertising from abroad.
goodEnglishes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Spiral Reply with quote

Hello again Spiral! Thank you very much for this helpful information. It explains why I have yet to see a Greek uni advertised anywhere. Back to the job hunt!
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived and worked in Greece's northern neighbour, Bulgaria for many years. Slim pickings for foreigners in Greek Universities.
montagdarko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Openings in Greek Universities for the Fall 2017 Reply with quote

Good luck with this!its all "inside" somebodys wife cousin daughter son uncle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: