Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie here looking for some advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfc30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Newbie here looking for some advice Reply with quote

Hi everyone. It's my first post here. I need some advice from everyone. I appreciate any help I can get from anyone here.

First off, here's some background information about me. 35 year old male from New York City. I have a B.A. in addition to a valid NY State teaching license(Social Studies 7-12), and a 120 hour online TEFL. I student taught for an entire school year, substitute taught for a year, and worked as a an after school teacher for a year. I also taught English in Shenzhen, China for to adults for a year.

What are the best jobs I could realistically get at this point. Which countries and jobs offer a good quality of life, ability to save a good amount of money, and have a decent work life balance.

Should I apply for international schools(after teaching English in China last year, I came to the conclusion that I do not t like teaching English). If so what jobs can I get? Also, My teaching license expires on 1/31/19.

Thanks for reading this, I look forward to reading helpful responses.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfc30 wrote:
I have a B.A. in addition to a valid NY State teaching license(Social Studies 7-12), and a 120 hour online TEFL. I student taught for an entire school year, substitute taught for a year, and worked as a an after school teacher for a year. I also taught English in Shenzhen, China for to adults for a year.
Should I apply for international schools(after teaching English in China last year, I came to the conclusion that I do not t like teaching English). If so what jobs can I get? Also, My teaching license expires on 1/31/19.

The better private international schools expect teachers to teach the subject related to both their degree major and licensure. In your case, target ads for social studies teacher in the countries you're interested in. (You'll very likely have to renew your license as a condition of employment.)

Since this is mainly a TESOL site, take a look at International Schools Review, TIEOnline, Seek Teachers, and Teach Away, which generally focus on subject teaching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: