Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How long is a notarized UK Criminal Record Check valid?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim_brava

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: How long is a notarized UK Criminal Record Check valid? Reply with quote

I got a clean Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check produced and notarized (i.e. a solicitor, FCO and Chinese Embassy stamp) around August/September last year, and have not returned to the UK since then to potentially commit any crimes.

How long is this document valid for with regards to new applications for jobs, visas, (etc.) in China?

Cheers in advance.
teenoso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same CRC in November last year , and have used it recently for job applications for the coming semester. No time limit issue for most places , and I also have been in China since then.

But, one school said it expired after six months, and wanted me to do it again .

So the answer , in my case, is that the length of validity depends on the school , which is ridiculous , but , as so often here, local interpretations rule.
thechangling

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding was that it's valid for 6 months which could be a pain if you need to change jobs and transfer a residence permit from one school to another.
happeningthang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer - all such criminal checks are only valid for 6 months once issued.

It's not the schools determining this - it's Immigration and the Foriegn Experts Bureau who won't accept anything later than that.

Generally the schools don't care too much about this kind of thing they're just jumping through the hoops the government holds up for them.
teenoso

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Short answer - all such criminal checks are only valid for 6 months once issued.

well , as I said, that was not my experience. All but one of the schools I applied to raised no issue with accepting, in July , my CRC dated last November.

Given that the CRC application and authentication takes 2 months from China, and costs around £400, I would not have found a job if the 6 month deadline was true in all cases.
I mentioned in another thread, I am just back on the mainland after a trip to Hong Kong to get the z visa.
happeningthang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough - China's big enough with enough regional diversity in government offices so that there's always exceptions. What applies in one part of China doesn't always apply elsewhere.

Anyway - in Jiangsu - and I'm led to believe most bigger cities and eastern provinces apply their immigration rules pretty dliigently. But even that's just a recent thing - a year or two back they didn't worry too much about these things. But that was then....

I understand that poorer, wester provinces like Sichuan, Yunnan etc have easier immigration standards. Things that are just impossible in the richer western provinces - like getting visas extended, non-native speakers being issued work visas - can be done in the east.
teenoso

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

' the east is red' ! (dongfanghong)
yeah this applies within China now , where rules are enforced much more strictly in the richer eastern provinces. .....Although it was a college in a small city in Hunan that expected me to renew the CRC.

I think if the school needs FTs and can't recruit them easily, (as in my case, I am moving to a poor province) the school can persuade the local govt. office to 'lower the bar' , or remove the hoops , or whatever PE metaphor fits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: