Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DiPont? Current situation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vietnamarama

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked for Dipont for three years in two of their Centres.

First of all, I would say that your experience with Dipont is very much dependent on which city and school you end up working. Some centres are much better run than others. Not that it is not uncommon for Dipont to relocate teachers (sometimes at the last minute) from one city to another. So although you may have been offered a position in Shanghai or Shenzhen, it may be thay decide to send you to Changchun instead.

The money they offer is good, and if you hang around for at least three years you will get two return flights per year which is nice. You will be able to save a lot of money and live very comfortably however you will certainly be working for your money!

The problem with Dipont is the staff in head office. Their head recruiter is not honest and Dipont will happily make promises they never intent to keep. Dipont is all about rules, and teachers are not treated as responsible adults. Morale amongst teachers is generally quite low.

You will be observed four times per year by either the centre principle or the 'academic quality managers'. The role of an academic quality manager' is ill defined and they generally seem to get in the way of teachers rather than helping them. On top of these formal observations, heads of department are expected to regularly do unannounced drop-in observations. It is clear that Dipont does not trust its teachers.

Finally, depending on the school you find yourself in, don't expect there to be much academic honesty. Grades, reports, and transcripts are regularly changed.

One a more positive note however, I have found most of the students to be bright and pleasant. This however does again depend on the school you find yourself in.

All things considered, Dipont offers good money if you are willing to work for it and don't mind being lied to. Don't expect to be treated like an adult or to be considered a competent teacher by Dipont. If you can accept this and do as you are told then this may be a good job for you. If you are a qualified teacher, you would be better off finding a job at an international school.

I hope this provides some useful information. Any specific question, feel free to PM me.
Beyond1984

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Dipont at Dalian High School #24? Reply with quote

Hello,

This thread has been useful for an overall view of dipont education.

El Macho wrote: It can be an OK gig, but if you're at a center that DiPont runs (rather than a center to which they 'consult') you'll have to put up with more bureaucracy and longer days.

Does anyone know whether Dipont at Dalian H.S. #24 "runs" or "consults" at the center?

Anyone know what happened to the former Head of Science at the school? Anything about the Center Principal? Typical salary? Whether you have to hang around even when you have no classes? Clock in-clock out for 40 hours every week??

All info about this Dipont operation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-HDT
fabiolupo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: dipont dalian 24h Reply with quote

Science in there is always a problem in that place. The cp , taylor, have an issue about teachers of chemistry and physics. And not only.
I would recommend to be very cautious before signing for that dipont centre.
Avoid it if you have other possibilities. Chinese management and cp think teachers are kink of slaves.
The turnover of science teacher is very high. In case you have contact with dipont just question them about it and they will start being nervous.

ask me privately if you need more info,
regards
shaka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: dipont dalian 24h Reply with quote

fabiolupo wrote:
teachers are kind of slaves.

Ah, the Dipont motto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: