Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vinnell Arabia indirectly involved in war with Yemen

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
water rat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Vinnell Arabia indirectly involved in war with Yemen Reply with quote

If you plan to work for Vinnell Arabia, understand that you are really working for Northrop Grumman, the military-industrial complex. NG, Vinnell, has had an ongoing annually-renewed contract with the Saudi military for over four decades. As an English teacher you are training Saudi National Guard officers to understand enough English to learn about and use American-made weapons ...

(Mod edit to avoid the politics)

Some of nice young men in your classes will be going oversee the ongoing war with Yemen.
ayatollah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: weapons Reply with quote

... training Saudi National Guard officers to understand enough English to learn about and use American-made weapons

In most cases, on the range.
AbeCross

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Nothing new Reply with quote

All American military contractors in the Kingdom are-at least-indirectly involved in Yemen.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and the British...
hash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

water rat wrote:
If you plan to work for Vinnell Arabia, understand that you are ......Some of nice young men in your classes will be going oversee the ongoing war with Yemen.

A blatantly Pecksniffian conjecture if there ever was one. Completely unsubstantiated and sourceless. Lots of these starting to pop up here and there what with the New School Year in the offing and the willies it tends to evoke.

water rat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hash wrote:
water rat wrote:
If you plan to work for Vinnell Arabia, understand that you are ......Some of nice young men in your classes will be going oversee the ongoing war with Yemen.

A blatantly Pecksniffian conjecture if there ever was one. Completely unsubstantiated and sourceless. Lots of these starting to pop up here and there what with the New School Year in the offing and the willies it tends to evoke.

Are you screaming 'Fake news!'? That's so easy to do.

No, I worked for Vinnell in the past. The students are the junior military officers. Junior military officers go off to fight wars. There is literally no one else it could be. So I am the substantiation. I am the source. If you don't believe me, investigate it yourself, firsthand, and then tell us what you have learned.

If that's too hard for you, I invite any one who has ever worked or is working for Vinnell to contradict me. The other Americans who work there (and only Americans get security clearance to instruct here; no Canadians, no Britons) are former U.S. military men, who actually give the Saudi officers and troops the hands on experience of using the fine Northrop Grumman products. So who else would these Saudis in Yemen be, except as AbeCross says 'all the other American military contractors'?

Last edited by water rat on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
AbeCross

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Mounting controversy Reply with quote

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/27/politics/us-saudi-arabia-warning-yemen/index.html
water rat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounting controversy Reply with quote

AbeCross wrote:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/27/politics/us-saudi-arabia-warning-yemen/index.html

Good job, AbeCross, I came here to post this exact same link.

So, I'll contribute this instead: https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/11/saudi-national-guard-prepping-for-new-deployment-to-yemen-border/

Yes, the very group of men, we teach at Vinnell, and even in my day, we began to train the enlisted men - not just the captains and lieutenants. Notice that the first line of the article even says 'American-trained'.

Who is bluntly GregoryPeckian now Hash?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: