Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Baccalaureate School

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelfire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: American Baccalaureate School Reply with quote

I am DESPERATE to get any information on this place (please don't confuse this place with the American Bilingual School - both are referred to as ABS). Thanks for your input.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the thread I PM'ed you... and a note on another education website, they ARE the same school. And this page on Wikipedia also states it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bilingual_School

DON'T trust them to be able to change the visa. Tell them legal visa or nothing. You won't be able to do anything in Kuwait without a legal visa. No bank account... no phone/internet... etc etc etc.

VS
ESSProf333_NS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Beware of ABS at ALL costs -- not worth it Reply with quote

I posted a thread about the American Baccalaureate School. I worked with ABS several years and this school is notoriously poor in Kuwait. ABS has several PENDING lawsuits for NOT paying its teachers. The word is out there.

Please do yourself a favor and avoid ABS. Other brave teachers have posted reviews online because ABS does its best to silence its teachers. I for one will not be silent until this school is run into the dirt where it belongs.

The Director of Operations is always in the U.S., and the recruiting company is placed in North Carolina, so they are recruiting unsuspecting victims. I know all of these people very well. I'm so serious about this that I want to report them as a human trafficking organization.

I'm going to post another thread to keep this topic relevant.

Good luck!
twinfish101

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. So I have an interview coming up for this school. So far the previous reply to this post makes two people telling me to avoid ABS & one teliing me if accept a position there & just keep my head down, I’ll be okay. Gonna keep researching this place, but if offered the position I’m leaning towards not accepting. Thanks for the info, @ESSProf333_NS.
ESSProf333_NS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@twinfish101

Hey there,

Good idea for avoiding ABS. I kept my head down for years there, and so did others. Once we decided to move on, we were mistreated. Like I said, they have PENDING lawsuits on them from teachers who ABS has NOT paid to date.

There is no hope for that school.

Good luck on your job search!

ESS
ChemM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just ABS, you shall find almost same situation in most of the schools. AIS, BSK, NES may be bit different but turn over rate in all the schools is very very high.

But if you are fine to accept the school owner's way of working, you can make very good money. I do not mind dancing to their tune for 3-4 years, where my net savings would be equal to 10 years of working in my country.

If someone is moving to Kuwait he/she should not think about the work culture and dignity and similar things. Just count your money and enjoy the luxurious malls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: