Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passport Stamps in Hong Kong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbuck005

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Passport Stamps in Hong Kong Reply with quote

I'm traveling to Hong Kong soon from China, and I'm very low on empty visa pages in my passport. I've heard that Hong Kong doesn't stamp your visa anymore, rather they issue you a 'landing slip'. My question is: Do they staple the landing slip in your passport, taking up an entire visa page, or do they simply hand you the landing slip? Thanks in advance for your help with this!
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last trip during the summer they just handed it to me. I did arrive through Macao by ferry so it might not always be that way. Seemed like they had moved to not stapling though (they did staple in the year before) and were very clear that you cannot lose the landing card. Looking at my passport now there are no stamps or stapled in things from HK or Macao.
wuliuchiba

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They hand you a small slip of paper, which can be easy to lose if you aren't careful. If you do lose it, as I did, don't worry. All you need to do is go to the Immigration tower with your passport and wait in line, they'll give you a replacement slip in an hour or so.
Blistering Zanazilz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong stopped stamping passports years ago, and now just place the second copy of the arrival card inside your passport. If you have a passport with biometric data built in then you don’t need that card or slip of paper when departing Hong Kong. At Customs and Immigration simply exit at one of the gates (with blue sign overhead) where your passport and fingerprints are scanned and then you’re done. No need to go to a desk with an immigration officer, unless you feel like wasting time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: