Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues Leaving Chinese School

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMJ85

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Issues Leaving Chinese School Reply with quote

I am having trouble with my current school. I work for EYAS Education Group/EIA/Rise in Wuhan. My contract and work ends next month, and they have confirmed my final work day here. Yes, they refuse to pay my final paycheck until a month after I leave. I have emailed and talked to several people here, and they say they will not change their company policy. They also won't give me my travel bonus. They say I must purchase the round trip tickets first and prove I paid for them. Only then will they submit a request to the finance department to give me my bonus. It clearly states the amount in my contract. The final problem is my letter of release. No one I've talked to here will give it to me. They say they have hired out all their visa work and no one at the company knows what this is. They say their HR department has a policy of not giving out letters of recommendation until the last day of work. My problem is that I have no home within a few days of my contract ending. Companies I talk to about transferring to so I have a home need that letter to prove I can transfer my visa. Given the other promises that have been made by this company and not fulfilled, I cannot just trust they will give me the letter. Since foreigners must close our bank accounts before leaving the country (if we leave), isn't there any law stating a company has to pay the foreigners upon completion of their contract? Not making them wait a month? The person Roger who handles foreigners told me to my face yesterday that if I am not in the country where I can transfer my money to wherever I go, then that is my problem. Does anyone know of an agency I can hire to try to deal with my company? Is there a contact at the Labor board that anyone here has used? Thank you
Simon in Suzhou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot here...

You don't have to close your bank account when you leave. So there's that.

I wish I could help with more.
getbehindthemule

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experiences, you must provide e-ticket and boarding passes for airfare allowance in most cases. If you can't provide this your might not get your full allowance, at best it will be taxed heavily ~20%.
Still, they are taking the piss here, you should have all your due money before your contract ends!
Hopefully you can find the help that you need to get this mess sorted out! GL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: