Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P/T online whilst working F/T at an adult training centre?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panatelladavid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: P/T online whilst working F/T at an adult training centre? Reply with quote

Hi,

I’m a first year teacher working at an adult training centre in Wuxi for one of the bigger companies.

Although I’m contracted to 25 teaching plus 15 office hours, I am free in the morning and would like to earn extra cash teaching online.
I’m also off on a Monday and Tuesday.

Is it feasible to get work perhaps doing 2 hours in the morning before I attend my centre? Or would the online company prefer to have me teaching throughout the Monday and Tuesday? Or even both scenarios?

It’s worth noting that I live a 5 minute walk from my centre.

Many thanks in advance.

p.s. any company recommendations would be nice too : )
Cole

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Good Option Reply with quote

Yes, it is feasible. Try Cambly. Applying and getting in is easy if you're a native speaker. And very flexible. You can sign in when you want to work and sign off when you want to quit for the day, 24-7. You can also set regular hours so people can book the time with you. The students are Middle Eastern (mostly Saudis), Turkish and Brazilian. Most students just want to practice conversation, but there is plenty of teaching material available if you want to use it or they request it. Although it doesn't pay much (.17 @ minute / $10.20 @ hour), you'll rarely have a shortage of calls. Easy extra cash. Good luck with it!
jimpellow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cole´s advice is correct. It would be easy for you to hook up with a company like Cambly where students want to chat. Lower pay but flexible and not very demanding. I left China some years ago but wonder if the firewall would interfere with your classes.

I worked close to Wuxi for a few years and went there often. A good sized Japanese and Korean community for lucrative privates though your Web International sounding schedule does not seem too conducive for such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: