Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAE Oxford in Khobar - warning!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickelgoat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: CAE Oxford in Khobar - warning! Reply with quote

I've just arrived back in the US and feel the need to warn people about this school before anyone else is treated as I just was. This school has been in business just since this past September and has already lost 7 teachers.

The offer sounded great, and I'd taught in Saudi before so I wasn't nervous. Left America on November 30 for Bahrain where my commercial visit visa was to be processed. Ended up staying in Bahrain for 20 days because of errors the school made. No pay.

Arrived just in time to replace a teacher being fired. A bad situation because they apparently expected me to know all of their paperwork processes and it was extremely complicated.

After a week's break, I was assigned my own classes. After just 7 further days teaching, the African-American manager (read on to see why this is important) told me the school wasn't going to continue my contract. This was a complete shock. He told me that a goal of his was to hire more "teachers of color" and that I was not needed.

Who would want to work for a school like this?
sicklyman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear of your plight there nickelgoat. Thanks for the warning and wish you well back in the US.
neo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject: Completely untrue Reply with quote

This post uses this site to slander a good employer unfairly. It should be disregarded completely. I almost never post on this forum but this post is so misleading and untrue that I feel I must. First of all, only one teacher other than nicklegoat has been terminated. In both cases this was for doing nothing in the classroom. All of their students complained about them. Nicklegoat was often confrontational with colleagues who were trying to help and was very needy. I overheard him asking to borrow a colleague’s personal laptop and then shouting, in a loud voice, that nobody was prepared to help. This kind of immature behaviour was a regular occurrence. I’ve seen him in the staffroom out cold and snoring but no one reprimanded him for this. The complicated paperwork he mentions was no more than filling in a simple Excel spreadsheet. The seven teachers he said were fired were not employees, they worked for a contractor who supplied them on a temporary basis to cover until the company’s own teachers arrived. When their contract finished they were deployed to another location in the Kingdom.

He says he had to wait for 20 days without pay in Bahrain while his visa was being processed. He attributed this delay to a company error. However, he told me that he withheld his offer letter until the end of the time. As soon as he presented it, his visa was granted. He also failed to mention that he was put up in a four-star hotel on full board – a very nice free holiday.

The African American coordinator he refers to is a gentleman who is polite to everyone. He was repeatedly referred to as a *beep* by nicklegoat. After nicklegoat left the country, he sent an email to every member of staff, once again referring to the African American coordinator as a *beep*. He also referred to a Saudi manager as a sand *beep*. Some other Saudi members of staff, who I find to be polite and helpful, also received emails calling them sand *beep*.

Nicklegoat is obviously mentally ill and in need of help. I notice that he has made more than 900 postings and the pattern of his behaviour is clearly evident if you read them.

To finish off, I’d just like to say that CAE Oxford is one of the best places I’ve ever worked. The students pay fees to be here and are highly motivated. Management are flexible and understanding. Don’t let the ravings of a madman put you off from applying for this company. They are recruiting now.
nickelgoat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing about the last post that is true is that I "withheld" my copy of that one document until the visa had been rejected 3 times. That was because I had assumed it had been submitted by the school with the paperwork, as expected. When the folks at the visa processing center saw it hadn't been, they told me about it and I did submit it - only to be chastised by the director for doing so! That was their fault, not mine. Why would I deliberately hold back a doc knowing it would cause me not to get a visa and start my job?Everything else is false in this post.

I might warn neo about slandering others as well. This is typical of British/Irish career losers in KSA who love to drink and have nothing better to do with their time. Snoozing in class? That's a laugh - wouldn't do it at all, there were also cameras in all rooms. Never happened.

900 postings? Wow - too busy, never had time for that. And last I read, I had about 177 - and have deleted most because they are no longer relevant. BTW, that so-called "coordinator" IS a political guy who constantly criticized myself and others. He did make the comment I referred to about teachers of color. Just because one is black doesn't excuse their own racism.

The problem with these forums is that ignorant trolls like to use them to rip other teachers apart in the mistaken idea that it makes the troll believe he/she is superior to their target. I am sorry that neo feels the urge to race bait.

It doesn't matter now, I'm home, happy and working. The guy who wrote this (neo) will likely be in KSA the rest of his miserable life.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: