Site Search:
Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Authenticating Australian qualifications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 158
Location: Jakarta

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Authenticating Australian qualifications Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have a BA from the uk and a Grad Diploma in Education from Australia.

I am not living in either country.

After a bit of research, i think i'm fairly clear on the uk process and i've worked out that I am going to need an agent, but at least it seems fairly easy to locate such services.

As for my Australian qualification, I am a bit stuck.

It's my understanding that the first stage is sending it to the university to be signed, but after that i dont really know what to do.

Dfat? Here or in australia? then the chinese embassy? ..or is it the consulate in the state?

Anyway.. This seems like far too much hassle to sort out by myself. Has anyone used an agent for this? I havent been able to find one online.

I am guessing that for some jobs i could just leave it off the cv, but i have applied for high school jobs, i imagine they'd need both for.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 22 Sep 2016
Posts: 605

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the UK one sorted and you should not need to worry about the other. If the employer wants it validated they can check, but the govt only wants an authenticated degree. My degree is authenticated, but my PGCE is not, too much hassle. Probably cheaper if someone from the school came and announced you graduated from there.

My point is you only need the doc to be authenticated so they can check that box with the government to get the needed documents. If you know how to get the British docs done then do that. It is unlikely the employer wants or needs other authenticated documents.

Short list:
1) Authenticated Degree
2) Criminal Check
3) Health Report

If you need more help I do know of a service and I believe they do Aus documents. I just don't want to see you pay for something that is unneeded. Please pm me if you really want to get that authenticated.

PS: I do not work for them nor could I offer support.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 08 Oct 2003
Posts: 117

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The procedure for document authentication is pretty much the same as the UK.

Notary public
Chinese Consulate

But, as nimadcaaomei points out - you don't necessarily need that to get a visa UNLESS you're relying on this PostGrad degree (DipED I guess) to prove your experience....

Usually, they want two years direct teaching experience after graduating with the BA - OR - a teaching qualification - DipEd, BEd, PGCE, CELTA etc... a TEFL may do it - but they may ask for more than 130 hours of course work with a practicum component.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2018 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Teaching Jobs in China
Teaching Jobs in China