Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MA in TESOl from AUC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say that they will decide before March 15...which is incidentally the last day to pay the deposit to hold my place.

I don't want to think too far ahead about what I will do if I don't get the fellowship, I just sincerely hope that I do.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

March 15? As in a month ago? In a year? LOL Perhaps you mean May 15. Whenever, we will just hope that you get it.

VS
The song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah no, my mistake that should have been May 15.

I got in touch with them and they said that I'll get a response the end of the week (Thursday in Egypt)
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the suspense killing you?? LOL

I remember the feeling.

VS
The song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, for sure. It's funny how things turn out. I thought about applying to the fellowship almost 5 years ago and responded to this topic, and here I am waiting for the decision.

I'm on vacation until May, so at least it's easier to get my mind off it than if I were at home.
The song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so I didn’t get the fellowship. But I’m not at all upset about that because I got an offer at a school I preferred over AUC.

However.......let me say that the communication of AUCs registrar and accounting departments is disgraceful.

First, they rejected my deposit payment of 250 USD to hold my place in the program. When I tried to follow up about it, the registrar (who regularly takes a week or two to respond to emails....not very good for a higher education institution), kept deferring my questions and asking me to deal directly with accounting. I completely understand why they don’t want to deal with the student accounts department themselves: because they are totally incompetent.

I was probably asked 4 separate times the same question. What is your student number? What is your account number? And each time the fellow in charge of accounts (not giving any names) asked me, I supplied them again.

I think he was just stalling to to avoid admitting that he made a mistake in rejecting my transaction which cost me about 100 dollars.

Eventually I got tired of communicating with this guy and sent the money to their US office, who are much more responsive and seem to have it together a lot more. Should have done that from the start. Still doesn’t excuse how unresponsive the registrars office is, though.

As much as I wanted this, I was not looking forward to dealing with this for the next 2.5 years. So if you’re an international student communicating with them from abroad, be careful as you might end up missing deadlines if you are expecting them to resolve your issues punctually and have clear lines of communication. The few times I tried calling during office hours, I also didn’t get a response. This is quite worrying when you consider what this school holds over you until graduation.
caliph

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Muddle East.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: