Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching medical subjects in English
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtnman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you twowheel for your input. I have looked at Peace Corps in the past. They seemed inflexible. My impression, from what they said on their website, is that if you are two specific with your requests and will not accept world wide posting, then they look very unfavorably on your application.
twowheel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long ago in the past did you look at Peace Corps?

If it was a long, long time ago, there is good news, because things have since changed.

When I applied for Peace Corps in September of 1999, that was the case: one could select a region only and then Peace Corps placed one in a country that may or may not be to the applicant's liking (surprise!).

That has since changed. Now, in the application process, the applicant looks at a list of positions in specific countries and applies to one. Now, the applicant can choose their job and country. I think this current way is much, much better.

Warm regards,
twowheel

Last edited by twowheel on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
twowheel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did just realize that the second part of my advice regarding medical universities in China may not be so legitimate, however.

If you are 60 or older, you may not be able to get a visa to work in China. That is a stipulation that is seemingly being more enforced these days: no new work permission for foreigners 60 and older.

Warm regards,
twowheel
twowheel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and then there's Peace Corps Response.

Peace Corps Response is also worth checking out. It's a program with assignments that are six to twelve months in length and are for those with more specialized know-how.

Peace Corps Response will have some assignments that are directly related to health and medical areas.

Warm regards,
twowheel
mtnman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you twowheel for the advice on Peace Corps. Just looked up their website as well as that of Peace Corps Response- which appears promising. They actually have a year job in Liberia going to help teach at their main University which looks very interesting. I have never considered Liberia though...so more research:)!

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: