Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Over 60 yrs Business Visa or 3 month stays?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worldtraveller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Over 60 yrs Business Visa or 3 month stays? Reply with quote

I'm over 58 years of age. I believe Saudi only allows those
under 58 or 59 yrs of age to have a full 1-year contract
(which I'm looking for only 3 to 4 months--so it works out perfectly).

What are some of the teachers' experiences with being over 60 yrs in Saudi Arabia with Business Visas and 3 month contracts?

Anyone know of any companies looking specifically for those over 60 yrs and short? (NO NITI or Vinnell referrals, please!)
waltgomez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on anecdotes, I have seen Americans at 60+ with business/working visit visas. These are five years with obligatory leaves every six months.
Arenta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Over 60 yrs Business Visa or 3 month stays? Reply with quote

worldtraveller wrote:

(which I'm looking for only 3 to 4 months--so it works out perfectly).

Would they pay your return flight for such a short time?
jaybet3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt you're going to find an employer to hire you for 4 months and pay for your visa and entry and exit flights no matter what your age. How would the company make any money? $1,000 - $2,000 for plane tickets then another $500 (?) for a visa is what the company would pay to get you a job. Then they might make $1,000 per month per month for getting you a job which would be $4,000 for 4 months. Ask yourself this question? If you had a company, would you agree to these terms?

What I've seen people do is come to KSA, get their initial flight reimbursement for entry into the country and then do a runner after a few pay periods. These people pay for their own ticket out of the country.

I know of a case where an employee got his entry flight reimbursed then wanted to leave after a month. The company blocked him from leaving until he re-paid the company for the initial plane ticket.

I've also witnessed other teachers do crazy things to get fired and the company is obligated to send them home.

So, to answer your question: I doubt there's any company who would pay for your flights in and out of the Kingdom for only 4 months of work unless they needed teachers for the last 4 months of the teaching year.

Personally, your question is confusing. You are asking about being able to teach over 60 and then whether you can work for four months.

PS: I've also seen a teacher who was likely 70 years old who was signed to a one year contract but he got fired because he was a lousy teacher.

I know this is a rambling post. Hopefully some of it might help you.
Arenta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Over 60 yrs Business Visa or 3 month stays? Reply with quote

Seems very unlikely to me too
Northern Sol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known it happen but as I said elsewhere the work visit visas aren't being issued any more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: