Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

profi lingua katowice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xanadan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: profi lingua katowice Reply with quote

has anyone got any info on this school? theyre offering a little over 3000 zlotys a month with no accomodation. but more importantly, are they professional and trustworthy?
also, with so many universities there, it seems that it should be a pretty lively place. good or bad? from someone who's lived there.
thanks, xanadan
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I lived in Sosnowiec (next to Katowice) and worked at Profi-Lingua for 2 1/2 years (the first year, partially in their Kat branch). I just left in February to start my job here in Karlsruhe, Germany.

The pay is more than enough to live on, and you can even get some add'l pay by doing conv classes, if you have the time.. They also don't put restrictions on outside work, at least when I was working there. They are quite professional and trustworthy--never had to worry about getting paid on time like some other schools in the area. They are also probably the most well-known school in most of the cities they are located.

Overall, I enjoyed working there. Also, you'll have some pretty damn cool co-workers in Sosnowiec (15 min bus ride)--Bryan (whose wedding I was just at last weekend in Krakow) and Patrick.. Known them for 2 1/2 - 3 years...

Now, they weren't very happy when I decided to leave, but I don't hold it against them. I had signed a contract so it was my problem, but in the end everything was resolved.

As for Katowice, hell, many of the people who post here will tell you to not even think about it, but they have never lived there. I completely enjoyed my 6 1/2 years there. It's not the most beautiful place, but there are a lot of things to do and Krakow is just down the road.. Smile

Good luck!

Chris (of the female persuasion)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: