Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cats in Poland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wardpl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Cats in Poland Reply with quote

I would like to take my 2 cats (declawed) to Wroclaw with me next fall when I relocate from the states to attend Graduate school. Can anyone give me info on what I can expect as to the ease or difficulty in finding a furnished flat to rent?
booty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Cats in Poland Reply with quote

I have an American colleague who brought his cat to Lodz in Poland. He drugged the cat so he would sleep on the plane. However, the cat woke up and freaked out. He also paid $100 when arriving in Poland to have his cat in the country. However, if you are going to be living in a high-rise flat, I do not recommend that you take your cat with you....This cat still seems very jumpy and traumatised within his new environment.
Think hard and think what's best for the cat
dtomchek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czesc:

When I was there, we had a guy from California bring his dog. Did not seem to be a problem. We also had a woman adopt a cat while there and took her back to the states. None of it seemed to be a big issue but I guess the pet food is every bit as expensive as in the states and you don't make nearly the money you would in the west. Might want to think about that one...

This all being said, there are pleny of little Kielbasa dogs around for your cat to make friends with...damn little things are all over the place and sometimes I wonder if there is another breed of dog in that country... Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: