Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Typical EFL/ESL Teacher and his preferences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Castro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Typical EFL/ESL Teacher and his preferences Reply with quote

Typical EFL/ESL Teacher and his preferences.

I was wondering if you could answer my questions:

There are a lot of places where ESL/EFL teachers are welcome. Africa, Asia, Europe (western as well as eastern one), Latin and North America.

1. What does your choice depend on? I mean if you choose some country to teach in what do you think is more important for you or your friends or average English teacher?

salary
teaching conditions , development or carrier
traveling opportunities
culture & language interests
something else

2. Does your choice depend on your personality? How? Would it be right if I say: tell me what the country you�d like to go and I tell you who you are?
Nilats

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly depends upon the person. Those who are intrigued by South East Asia would probably be drawn there for their teaching. For me, I'm drawn to Eastern Europe, thus, leaving me in Moscow via Prague. I think anyone outside of Japan or the UAE could say they are not doing for the money, becuase the money's not that great. It's enough to enjoy your time and enjoy I do. The school's certainly important. One usually doensn't just show up in a foreign land expecting to find a visa, flat and a decent paying job. there's certainly a need for logical research. And a sense for something outside the ordinary. All of my friends in the states or the czech called me insane for wanting to come to this city. Now, after having been here for nearly a month I believe it to be the best decision i made in recent years. they certainly have a lack of adventure for staying home, or in some cases, returning home. You know you're gonna die one day, so it may as well be some place cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: