Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pereira, Colombia Info Need ASAP!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panamabound!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Pereira, Colombia Info Need ASAP!!!!! Reply with quote

I am getting closer on my quest for Panama..sort of..

A school in Pereira, Colombia is interested in me and I would like to know what everyone else knows about this place? I've heard all sorts of stuff, but would appreciate any information on this city, life there, and the school which is called:

The World School of The English Language

They would pay me like 1600 colombian pesos a month or 800 pesos biweekly...room and board with a family there or an apartment for a small fee..etc..is that good???? I don't know much about Colombia other than what others have told me which so far hasn't been very positive..

If anyone has any information about this, please respond back to me about it. Smile They're asking me to start with them in February, and I would have to do my own airfare...ouch...

Thanks - hope to hear from you soon.
moonraven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you should find out if you will be working legally. A few years back the immigration folks would not give work visas for teachers going to Pereira.
Panamabound!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Mucho thanx Reply with quote

Thanx for the advice!

I replied with a hord of questions including yours and I'm still waiting for a reply. I figure with the amount of questions I asked it should take them awhile to get back to me.

Let me know if you think of anything else and if anyone else out there has any info on this place or the school, please post it up or email me at:

[email protected]

or if you or anyone else has any info about jobs in Panama, PLEASE let me know! I'm still trying to get there.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: