Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UAE Institutes of Nursing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuttifruitti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

The salary scale depends on who you are. For English teachers, anything from about $1500 to $1700 a month. Most of the higher paid jobs go to nursing teachers ($2000 approx), and of course, management.

Accommodation varies too. Some of the staff are on Ministry of Health contracts, and some on Institute of Nursing contracts. The accommodation is different, but as a native English speaker, expect the minimum allowance (This should get you a cosy one-bed apt). I can't be more specific I'm afraid, as it's different for each emirate, and each employee. If you're here with your spouse and he/she gets accommodation, don't expect them to give you anything. Holidays are paid, and you always get your salary on time, though getting your dues when you leave can be a bit of a lengthy process, and you have to travel to Abu Dhabi to do a lot of paperwork (if you're working in another emirate).

Sorry I can't give more info on this whole area, but there aren't any 'levels' for salary, housing or other benefits. Depends on who you meet on the day.

Depending on your qualifications, Skeptic, I'd try for HCT or UAEU, or even one of the better private schools if you want to go to Al Ain.

Cool

BTW: LWR is still in the Abu Dhabi institute - management.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, Tuttifruitti,

That gives a very good idea of how it is for anyone who might make a search on this place in the future. If you were single, you could survive, but not save much. In effect, you would be doing better financially to take a job a one of the low-paying private colleges in Oman where you would at least get between $2000-2100 a month.

Sounds like a one-year, get your foot in the door kind of place. Interestingly that is about the salary I got for my first Gulf job at SQU - back in the late 1980s!!! Shocked

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: