Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New here :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pearl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: New here :) Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I membership was activated today. Thank you Dave. It is a wonderful site. I got tones of information. I am thinking of relocating to UAE with a teaching job.

Can you please tell me how far is Ajman from Dubai & Sharjah? What is the drive time?

What do you all think of Ajman University of Technology & Sciences (AUST).

You answers will be much appreciated Smile
High Plains Drifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Be specific about stuff. Reply with quote

Pearl,

I notice that no one has answered your post, and I�m going to do you a favor and tell you what I think is the reason. I�m not trying to be a jerk but rather trying to help you understand how to get a better response.

First of all, if you want to hear from people who have info about Ajman University of Technology & Sciences, mention that in the title of your post. You're more likely to attract the notice of someone with information to offer than you are with a meaningless title like �New Here� and a smiley face.

Second, the mistakes (�I membership�, �tones�) in your post indicate that you are either a native speaker who is unconcerned about such things or a non-native speaker whose English isn�t good enough to get a job teaching English in the UAE. Either way, teachers reading your post will tend not to take you seriously.

Third, you ask, �how far is Ajman from Dubai & Sharjah�? You could easily figure this out for yourself. Just look at a map in bookstore, library or on the Internet. If you can�t be bothered to do that, why ask others to do it for you? Drive time? How hard can that be to estimate?

As for Ajman University of Technology & Sciences, I�m afraid I can�t help you, but I recommend being more specific. Just what do you want to know? What are you concerned about? They have three campuses, I think. Any particular one you�re interested in? Have you looked at their website? If you ask more specific questions, you might get some answers.

Good luck
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pearl,

Don't be scared away by the Drifter. If you have been reading about on this board, you know that there are many folks on here who will jump on mistakes - and even I sometimes get after posters whose questions are so general that they are unanswerable or they post the same general question on every board. But, he wasn't too hard on you and his advice was good. (another button to keep in mind is the 'edit' button in the upper right hand corner of each entry that lets you fix mistakes - keeps the grammar police from attacking. Smile )

I guess what it comes down to is 'the better your question, the better the answers you will get.'

Did you try a search on Ajman University? I seem to recall that it has been discussed on here somewhere. There is a 'search' button up at the top of the page.

Don't miss the Job Information Journal here on Dave's site. There is link way up at the top of the page. Many of the entries are quite old, but still informative.

VS
(PS... never been to Ajman that I recall, but I don't think it is far from Sharjah)
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New here :) Reply with quote

Pearl wrote:

Can you please tell me how far is Ajman from Dubai & Sharjah?

Not far.

Pearl wrote:

What is the drive time?

Depends on the traffic.

Pearl wrote:

What do you all think of Ajman University of Technology & Sciences (AUST).

We all think they don't pay much.

BD
Pearl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your time and responses. I will figure it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: