Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's time for the great MLI Halloween Party!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar805

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: It's time for the great MLI Halloween Party!!!!! Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by omar805 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
uncle billy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Costume Accessories Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I might find some Cuban cigars? Does the Divine Ms. L have any preferences? Does she like the long fat ones or the skinny short ones?
bobo_the_circus_chimp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobo no understand why L get to go trick or treating with coordinators. Bobo also want to go trick or treat. Bobo good monkey. Why Bobo can't go too? Bobo sad...Bobo teach English good. Bobo good monkey.
nowasta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in your cage...er...classroom bobo.
Dr. Deal Dough

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: All Hallows Eve Reply with quote

Greetings to all on this, the most sacred night of the MLI calendar. It is a night when all manner of witch and warlock, demon and teufel (devil) fiend, arch villian, werewolf and vampire stalk the earth seeking whom they may devour.

I realize I have just described an MLI all staff meeting! Es spukt im Haus!
One nutty place, no?

The Dr. will pay you a visit soon; just be patient-get it-patient...

Streich oder SuBigkeit!
Mule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Everyday is Halloween at the MLI Reply with quote

Acute MLitis: A serious affliction causing staff members to feel that they are perpetually living in a Dilbert comic strip.

The Sixth Sense II: MLI staff see incompetence, unprofessionalism and undercutting exhibited by Dead People wherever they look.

How To Lose An Employee In 10 Days: The unofficial MLI management theme song. For the first 10 days, staff see certain MLI managers as Shallow Hal saw Gwyneth Paltrow. After 10 days, Gwyneth increasingly resembles Freddy Kruger in Nightmare on MLI Street.

The MLI Titanic: Staff rush to get their CVs out before the MLI ship even gets close to hitting the ice berg. Who could fill the role that Zane played in the original?

Little Rascals - the adult version: Note references made in various MLI threads.
Mule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the films that haunts Uncle Billy the most: I Know What You Did Last Summer...
Mule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another film not on UB's favourites list: The Last Tango in Tacoma...
mli_newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Let's Raise the Bar Reply with quote

To Dr DD, Omar, Uncle Billy and the other shameful abusers in this forum: The large majority of your colleagues have had enough of your nasty and cowardly sexual and libelous harassment of our fellow members of staff. Stop this now!

To the Cafe Moderators: Where are you and what are your standards? Why have you allowed this harassment of decent, hard-working members of your forum to continue? Dave, you have some responsibilities here. Do you need some new moderators?

Like many other EFLers in this country I found my current job through this cafe. I may need to find my next one here as well. Let's all reflect on the spirit of this season and look forward to continued access to a decent, informative and non-abusive professional forum.

Let's raise the bar, shall we? It's time to behave better.[/u]
Will Periya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cafe Moderators are too busy deleting the threads concerning management abuse at Sharjah HCT - at least two of them have disappeared in recent days .......

When the first thread was axed, I suggested that the moderators offer us an explanation for their doing so ... but they axed the thread where I made the suggestion soon after !!!

It seems that on this UAE forum some institutions are more equal than others ........

Will Periya
tEFLon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Halloween Party Reply with quote

Spot on, mli-newbie.
Mule

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mli-newbie suggested that the standards bar be raised in threads concerning the MLI.

Certainly when the director ordered his staff to go to work during the UAE government decreed mourning period for the passing of the much loved and much respected Founding Father of this country, the standards bar was shifted to a new level, no?

I would argue that the standards of the MLI threads reflect the standards shown by those heading the organization the past couple of years.
4sure

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can they expect to educate when they have so little understanding of their students' sensibilities?
nowasta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree that the content of some of the previous postings was not entirely appropriate. I also feel that the personal attacks against certain people was unwarranted and unfair. Nevertheless, I do believe that the general tone of so many of the posts nowadays does indeed reflect the true nature of what is going on in the place at the moment. People are getting fed up.
I personally believe that many of the coordinators are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. However, we all know who isn't performing and in my opinion those individuals are certainly not above criticism. I also believe it is entirely fair to question the moral, ethical and administrative guidance of those at the top. Especially when one looks at the questionable baggage they bring with them and the nature of some of their decisions thus far.
Mule

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As happens all too frequently in this region, washouts, often from America, commonly land on these shores with little understanding of the Gulf culture or customs. With their high salaries and their understanding that they have been hired as part of a "mandate for change", they usually end up mucking up curricula and morale as they try to follow policies and procedures best left in their home countries. Then after a year or two, they leave their messes behind and move on to other pastures. Sadly, they rarely take their fellow incompetents along with them when they depart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: