Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning on Futures American Schools in Nasr City/Cairo Egypt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
choctawspirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Warning on Futures American Schools in Nasr City/Cairo Egypt Reply with quote

I advise anyone considering teaching at Futures American Schools in Nasr City and/or Cairo, Egypt to beware of this school! This school, in no stretch of the imagination is anything like an "American School"! My wife (PhD) and I (M.S.) just resigned and left FAS after their multiple breaches of contract, paycheck shortage issues, work visa problems, health insurance problems, being robbed by students at the school, lack of student discipline and the never-ending broken promises (ad nauseum). Anyone who would like to know more about our experiences at FAS and/or Cairo please write me before you consider a contract with them.
amint

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: FAS? Reply with quote

I was wondering if the superintendant is still the same. I believe it was Michael something.....if you said it I would remeber instantly. I talked with him on the phone once and he sounded pleasant. I am shocked to hear this with FAS. This was one of the places that I hoped to secure employment. What else was wrong with them?
choctawspirit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Director of FAS who interviewed and hired us was Michael Williams but he quit before we arrived in Egypt. After he quit, the school divided his responsibilities between three teachers (with no administration experience) who worked there although they were given no real authority. Basically, the school has no one that can make decisions except the owner and he, inconveniently, always seems to be out of the country (at least that's the excuse they always give).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: