Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IH Moscow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teachergirl

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: IH Moscow? Reply with quote

Does anybody know anything about International House Moscow? I'm looking into a fall contact, and any help would be great! Thanx!
rogan

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by rogan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total
maruss

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: I.H.Moscow Reply with quote

Rogan is absolutely right-once you sign that contract,they've got you on a string and will pull it whenever and however they want!
Consider LanguageLink,or even working freelance teaching Business in-house,but above all don't sign a contract with I.H. moscow-try asking them to pay you on a hourly basis instead and if they are desperate,which they often are,you may be lucky and earn decent money for your efforts!

M.
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: 2 more rubles for ya! Reply with quote

Good Day teachergirl:

Rogan speaks the truth and Martin has added some valuable input here as well.

I have no first-hand experience to share with you regarding IH, but I can tell you this much: They are the largest chain of language schools in Russia today, and that can be good and bad.

Good in the sense that they do have an administration and support staff, which can be very useful, especially if this will be your first experience teaching in Russia.

In their most recent advert here on Dave's last week, they were offering $550 minimum per month. You can live decently on that amount in and around Moscow, but not lavishly.

Some concrete advice: Try to nail down the details of which branch you'll be working for, and whether they are providing single or shared housing, and how far your daily commute from home to school will be.

And lastly, if possible, make an attempt to email someone who's currently on-staff at the branch you'll be working at. Getting your facts directly from the 'horse's mouth' can be very helpful, especially since conditions at all of these EFL schools tend to improve and worsen with the blowing wind.

Warm wishes,
kEnt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: