Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting FM3 from Mexican Consulate in US

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wereva

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Getting FM3 from Mexican Consulate in US Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been living and working in central Mexico for just about a year now. My current job has just ended and I am going to be spending the summer in the states. I just recently lined up work for the fall at a university, but the job is contigent on my ability to get a work visa. They have provided me with a letter offering me the position. I am wondering if anyone has any experience in getting this worked out in the states, at the Mexican consulate? I checked out their website and in theory it looks possible, but just looking for a first hand story.

Thanks!
Ben Round de Bloc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Strange Reply with quote

Your situation strikes me as rather odd. Has this potential employer (university) ever legally employed a foreign teacher before? Getting the FM3 is a joint effort between employee and employer. It seems strange that any employer would simply give you a letter offering you a job -- the employer has to supply more than just that to immigration -- and expect you to get a work visa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: