Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global institute of Studies, nilai malaysia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Global institute of Studies, nilai malaysia Reply with quote

Hello,

Can someone tell me about this school, the place Nilai and pros and cons of living and working in Malaysia.

Current salary on offer is almost 3,000 RM per month. I know KL was expensive before, so please any comments welcome.

Any comments of the school also welcome
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: 3000 Ringits a month !!!!???? Reply with quote

This is NOT enough.
misterno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Swore to secrecy? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Now I want to know: Why is everyone so secretive about Malaysia? I want to go teach there. Someone, please, help me out. There is nothing out there on the Internet, but I know there are jobs there.

Where to begin???

gracias.
Albulbul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: malaysia etc Reply with quote

Centre for British Teachers (CfBT) used to have a programme in Malaysia. maybe thgey still do. They recruit for Brunei (qualified teachers only). They have a website. Why not check it out ?

But remember the formula : NICE PLACE-LOUSY PAY
LOUSY PLACE-NICE PAY
Hodd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: An ex-Kuala Lumpur teacher speaks out....... Reply with quote

Malaysia isn't really a secret and I would certainly recommend it, well KL anyway. Compared to Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia there are very few jobs there. RM3000 is average. If, unlike me, you are a non-drinker that amount should be enough to live on, not very well. About a year ago, I was offered a job at that school on the strength of my CV/resume alone. Admittedly my CV is a masterpiece but I prefer schools to make just a bit, only a little bit, more effort. Incidentally, I thought they offered RM3500? Gosh, my CV is good.

GIS is a new school so you are unlikely to get any helpful replies. It may well be a good school. However, the real turn off for me was its location, Nilai, about an hour�s train ride from KL. I love KL but don�t want to leave it at 9pm at weekends to get the last train home.

A quick internet search will direct you to schools in KL such as ELS, International House and the British Council. All were taking people on recently. I even saw a job in Penang advertised on another board last week. Selemat Jalan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: