Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recruiters for Europe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Recruiters for Europe Reply with quote

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone knew of any recruiting agencies that look to hire people to teach in parts of Europe? I am Canadian, if that is important to know.
Thanks for any advice.
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. The short answer is that's because North Americans can't work legally in the European Union countries, for the most part. That said, it is still possible to get legal work permits in some European countries: Germany and some of the new EU members, particularly. However, there is no huge unmet demand for teachers in Europe, as there is in some parts of Asia, where recruiters are needed.
SueH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember also that 'Europe' is not homogenous or a federal state!

If you have full teaching qualifications from Canada you could teach in the UK. Other countries in the EU, such as France, seem to take a much more restricted view of importing teachers for the state systems. Language schools are a different matter but again, as spiral has commented, the situation varies and you'd be better off focusing on particular places you'd like to teach rather than 'Europe'.
stef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your replies. I guess the other reason I was asking was because I read in the Spain section of the message board someone mentioned a recruiting agency that deals specifically with Spain. I just didn't know there were any, and for which European countries? Any names or websites would be helpful. Thanks again.
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are various organisations, such as "Teachers in Italy" and "Saxoncourt" that recruit teachers for various schools in Italy. The problem is as Spiral 78 already said: unless you have EU citizenship, it is difficult to work legally.

If you want to work in Italy, I think you will do as well (if not better) if you are here, and available to work. You can hustle for interviews, visit schools, start the ball rolling with private students - things that you can't do so easily from outside the country.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: