Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

learning Chinese and teaching

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miguelito

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: learning Chinese and teaching Reply with quote

I am interested in becoming fluent in spoken Mandarin and teaching English. I've studied quite extensively for a few years, so is it realistic to accomplish this in a year? If I work around 25 hours a week and go for school while I am not working, it seems there is enough time to accomplish this goal. Has anyone tried this? If so, how has it worked out and what language school(s) did you attend? Thanks!
wix

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have already studied Mandarin for a few years then I assume you are at least at an intermediate level. If you are teaching 25 hours a week, you are probably going to find it hard to study full-time (10 hours a week in Taiwan). But assuming you are at an intermediate level then you have endless opportunities to improve and practice your Mandarin. I would suggest making some Taiwanese friends, finding a language exchange partner or joining some sporting activities as great ways to practice your Chinese. Once you have been teaching for a month or two and have settled in and know your schedule enrol for some classes at TLI, although you don't necessarily have to study full-time.

Have a look at my webpage: Studying Chinese in Taiwan for some more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: