Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer teaching

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Summer teaching Reply with quote

My girlfriend and I are going to try to go abroad between semesters, but probably can't go somewhere unless we'll have a job when we get there. She's a Francophile and so wants to go to France.

She has about 9 months of EFL expience in Indonesia, and is a published French translator and near-fluent speaker. I have six months experience in China and a CELTA, but no knowledge of French. Both of us have BAs.

Is it possible to get a position in France that would work within our timeframes, with our levels of experience?

If not, does anyone have other suggestions -- other jobs, other locations, changes we should make to our requirements -- anything's helpful!

Thanks!
Albulbul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: What Passport Do You Have ? Reply with quote

What passport do you have ? This is quite important. Much easier if you are a national of a EU member state.

If you are not then you will have more bureaucratic hoops to get through.
NMB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am weary of the tendancy of people to immediately cite the bureaucratic difficulties of Americans working in Europe each time someone posts for employment information.

Who knows what passport this person holds, and why discuss only that when it is not even the issue he raised?

My suggestion is to try Council Exchanges (CIEE). If you are an American student or recent graduate, they will arrange a short-term work visa, albeit for a hefty fee, as well as provide job leads upon arrival in France. If you will be in Paris, refer to the classifieds of the FUSAC publication. I have only lived in Paris, so I am sorry I cannot offer suggestions for working in other regions.

Bonne Chance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: