Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching Salaries in Chile??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Teaching Salaries in Chile?? Reply with quote

I was wondering what the standard salary for TEFL teachers is in Chile? I have a BA in English literature, a TESL certificate and seven years of teaching experience. The job I'm thinking of accepting pays 350 000 pesos for 60 hours of teaching per month? Does this sound reasonable? Thanks!! Grace Smile
matttheboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

350 grand isn't really enough to live on a month. You'll need to get some privates to supplement. The actual wage isn't that bad for an institute (around 5500/hour) but it won't see you through. Chile is expensive, as a general rule about 50% the cost of England (so i guess around 60% of the US?)
eileen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I�ll agree. Especially with starting up costs like finding an apartment and possibly buying things to go in it, like light fixtures or a stove.

I�d say the minimum I�d be happy living on in Chile is around 450,000, and more money would make me happier still. Of course, it depends on where you're coming from, what you've got saved and what you're willing to spend.

But working only 15 hours a week sounds delightful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: