Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which online tefl to choose?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LurkingVenus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Which online tefl to choose? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with choosing a good online TEFL?

There are three I'm considering: ITTT, i to i, and ICAL...has anyone had any experience with these by chance? And would choosing the course that offers the most hours (within the same price range) be a deciding factor? I'm also interested to know how these or other providers follow up on their job placement support.

I'd appreciate any objective or experiencial perspective on this.
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online courses are not generally looked on favorably by employers. A 30-day on-site course with supervised teaching practice is usually the minimum. This may not apply to you if you have other credentials in the field, like education/English degrees/advanced degrees/tons of previous experience. But if you're just wishing to enter the field now with a minimum investment, you need to check with employers in the area where you want to work, and find out what training they will accept.
LurkingVenus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your response. I lived and worked as a teacher (private mostly) in Italy, and had friends who'd recieved online certificates and found jobs where i was a bit locked out for lack of one. Hence my interest in this, and that i can't afford the 4 week intensive.
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, the on-line qualification will be better than nothing, and with previous experience, and hopefully recommendations, you should be relatively ok....
Sorry, I can't recommend any on-line program over others, but good luck in any case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: