Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEWARE!!! - A scam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leila2003

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: BEWARE!!! - A scam Reply with quote

Hi All....me again....I have recently seen OZEL CENT KOLEJI advertising on another website....plzzzzz be informed that I think this is a major scam....There were a number of teachers that were offered the job and told to pay 500$ for the processing of the work permit....Once we voiced our concerns all communication with the school stopped!!

A friend in Istanul called the school (which does exist) but the REAL director told us that he has no employees called Dr.Ozlem Bulut nor a Mr.D. Daniel......also that THEY have not advertised for teachers......

I hope this helps everyone.....

Plzzz keep me posted about their response to you since I have spoken to the Turkish Ministry and they want to be updated too.
El Gordo

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It seems that the website www.ozelkent.4t.com is fake, and the fax / phone number given in the advertisement on that other TEFL website is not that of the real Cent Koleji. The fact that it is the same number for fax and phone is a real give-away - a prestigious school such as this would certainly have separate numbers for fax and phone.

The website for the real Cent Koleji is www.centkoleji.com , and anyone interested can find their real fax and phone numbers on the home page.
Anitata

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, you two!
couldn't believe the fake ozel cent college is up to the same thing again. I wonder how many more teachers they are going to get this time!! My friend in Istanbul tried to contact the culture department in istanbul and hope some action will be taken soon.
Anitata

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Merhaba!! It's me again. I post an question about the Ozel Cent College a while ago when I got offered the position and then I got an message from someone else today

"

I think its a scam, I applied there too and was told they would process my application for $350 USD... anyone who wants to employ someone should cover these costs... they also mentioned 'prestigious' a little to frequently for my liking... "

Looks like Ozlem Bulut and Daniel Dick are on the move again but this time they charge the teachers with USD 350.......Shame, when will they stop....this makes me really angry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: