Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to get informations to teach FRENCH as FSL?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleusoft1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Where to get informations to teach FRENCH as FSL? Reply with quote

Hi,

As ESL web sites profuse, I'm having a rough time to find an equivalent of daveseslcafe.com in french. A web site where I can consult and apply. As it is my native tongue, I'm looking foward to teach French in South America, Asia or Oceania.

Does anybody has web links in mind?

I'm really grateful to you!

Jonathan
eo-nomine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salut,

http://www.alliancefr.org/ - the Alliance Fran�aise website, the place where I'd look first. You have AF centers just about everywhere in the world (heck, there's even one in Cap Ha�tien, Ha�ti!), so you're bound to find one in a place you like. What kind of qualifications do you have? A DEUG de Fran�ais or a DEUG/DESS en FLE (Fran�ais Langue Etrang�re) will improve your chances of finding work there significantly.

Other websites you might find interesting:
http://www.fle.fr/ -- http://www.fle.fr/emploi/index.html
http://www.fdlm.org/fle/emploi/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fle-sitographie/

Voila... I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but I hope it helps! I've never heard of any FLE forums (like Dave's), though... / :

All the best,

EN
bleusoft1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Salut! Reply with quote

Thanks EN for your advices....

I got a Bachelor of psychology and a certificate but nothing related to teaching aand no experience at all.

Ce qui me motive cependant, c'est que j'ai une amie anglophone qui parti 1 an enseigner l'anglais en Cor�e en trouvant sur ce site....sans avoir de formation ou d'exp�rience tout comme moi.....

On the french side, it's seems that we need more qualifications than a university bachelor and to be native of the language you want to teach as well. Ils demandent souvent la liscence FLE et en plus finir..........

Je suis du Qu�bec alors il n'y a pas d'Alliance Fran�aise ici et de toute fa�on il doit bien y avoir des endroits demandant peu comme touts les postes pour enseigner l'anglais affich�s sur daveseslcafe.com

Merci de l'info et tu serais sympa de me revenir!!!

Have a good day!

Jonathan
eo-nomine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Rewrote this in English... !

Hi,

It is possible to find work in FLE - even without certification/degrees! I applied for jobs in Korea a few months ago, at the Alliance Fran�aise in Daejeon and Incheon (not sure about the spelling...). I then had no experience nor certification in FLE, but I was still offered a position! Experience + degrees and all will obviously what will get you the best paid jobs or go to the most popular destinations, but there is work to be found!

As far as FLE is concerned, I think your degree in psychology is a good card to play. I'd recommend sending emails to various AF centres in the world, too see what are your chances of finding work with that degree. I think you have the best chances in places like the Baltic states, South Africa/South East Asia, etc. Oh, and French students can also do the JET program, apparently. You need a BA to be eligible for the JET program, but you have that, so why not have a look here http://www.jetprogramme.org/e/index.html ?

Here you go... good luck and all the best,

EN
bleusoft1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

A big thank you, this nice of you....I'll take a look on these links...On the other side, if you have any question turning around Quebec, Canada or even the east cost of USA regarding $$ or opportunities in jobs or of any kinds, don't be shy!

Jonathan
bleusoft1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: last question.... Reply with quote

Me again Laughing

Tell me, when you're sending your resume, you send a exhaustive version with all your experiences in the last 4 years even if it's not related or you send a summary version putting accent on your personal skills??

Huuuge thank you!
Jonathan
eo-nomine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salut,

We French like traditional and boring stuff when it comes to C.V.'s, and the Alliance Fran�aise is no exception to the rule: your aim should be to put the recruiter to sleep before he has finished reading the first half of your C.V.

On a more serious note, I would include all of my degrees/qualifications plus relevant work experience (e.g. not working at McDonald's or stuff like that) - positions in which you might have gained skills that are useful for teaching. Experience abroad is also good to include, stress the fact that you've had experience adapting to a new country successfully... after all, the AF guys don't want to hire people who will leave immediately because of homesickness!

For JET info, I would ask on the Japan forums, though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: