Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need a job in Saudi Arabia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chriswest

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: I need a job in Saudi Arabia Reply with quote

where can I find one, I want to leave ASAP
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: jobs in the k of sa Reply with quote

It depends on your nationality, experience, and qualifications. Luck is also a factor.

I cannot see the relevance of the motor car to your application.
zakiah25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: hot babe & the hot rod! Reply with quote

Dear Chriswest - is there any particular reason why you want to go there at this time? There are plenty of places that advertise on a regular basis - Jubail and Yanbu Industrial Colleges, Vinnell Corporation, Prince Sultan College etc but it depends on those factors that Scot mentioned in his post above.
Scot, you don't seem to have any objection to his other picture!!!!
Albulbul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: what other picture Reply with quote

What other picture ? I am in the K of SA and his other picture has been replaced by a white box ! This is not the liberal State of oman !

But I still do not understand why he has shown a picture of a car. Is this a representation of the American obsession with the internal combustion engine ? Or an indication of his trollish nature ? And why does he NEED a job in KSA ?
Martin Kenny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Good Job in Saudi Reply with quote

For a good job in Saudi, try Yanbu Industrial College. It's small, pleasant and gets good reviews in the Job Information Journal. And despite what some people who have never been there say, it is not desperate for teachers. Any shortfall in teachers is made up by Al-Rahji people on short term contracts, some of whom have asked to stay on as direct hires. Also employees do a two-year contract, leave and return, sometimes more than once.
james

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Try Hail Community College Reply with quote

Try Hail Community College in Hail. The contact email address for the the Dean, Mohammad Al-Naafa is: [email protected] Hope this helps.
zakiah25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: other picture Reply with quote

Albulbul/Scot
The other picture shows a rather voluptuous model
(bending forward for a better view!) in a skimpy bikini. And someone said that my avatar was sexy - this one is almost R rated!
chriswest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback guys and girls, keep it coming.

my stats are
23 yrs old
Canadian
no experience teaching
TEFL certified

willing to sign contracts

Basically wanna work in the middle east because of the great facilities and pay.

thanks for the feedback guys and girls, keep it coming.
zakiah25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: on second thoughts ...... Reply with quote

Chris
I think you really need to do some research on the country and the culture before considering any job position. For a young man, you could find Saudi Arabia very restrictive and rigid. For a start, as the Saudi guys are telling you, your sexy avatar isn't coming through - there is strict censorship in this country. If you check the places already mentioned in the other posts, you will see what qualifications and experience are expected. Many places here in the Middle East require a degree or a Masters.
I don't want to sound discouraging but perhaps you might try to gain more experience in other Asian countries before considering Saudi Arabia (which is really for a special type of person, not everyone can settle down and make a go of it!)
best of luck
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: experience Reply with quote

If you have zero teaching experience it is unlikely that you will land a job in Saudi Arabia. Go and teach for two years someplace. Korea ? Taiwan ? China ?
Albulbul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: degree ? Reply with quote

You say "TEFL certified" but more importnat for Saudi is being a graduate. No degree = no visa. An MA is better but you might make it in with a BA.

Unfair ? Hmm. Who said life was fair ?
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no experience you won't get a job in the public sector. You could get a job in the private sector, and there are people teaching with no degrees in language schools.

I would think twice about doing your first teaching job in Saudi; apart from the fact it will give you a strange idea about teaching, there is the problem that you will be adjusting to teaching for the first time at the same time you are adjusting to living in a very different society.

Go and get a job somewhere interesting. You're much too young to be thinking about money.
chriswest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry forgot to mention that I do have a Degree in business.

hmm taking into consideration your postings, thanks for feedback. I think ill hit Costa Rica to gain some experience. Then Saudi arabia in a couple of years. Smile
mehajaby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: costa rica Reply with quote

Hi! I taught in Costa Rica. Nice people, very nice. The pay wont be great, but they are so friendly and the country is beautiful. Its a good place to start yoru career. there are alot of english speakers there, so you wont be dealign with a lot of tru beginners which helps. ANd while yoru salary is not high, the cost of living in=snt bad if you go local. Sorry for the typing but I am doing it one handed, the right one is laid up! If you have any questions about prospective employers, email me
chriswest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats your email??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: