Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Companies Doing Business in the UAE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethTheGreat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Companies Doing Business in the UAE Reply with quote

Hello forum members,

I am requesting members who know to kindly suggest the names of companies in the UAE (American, western) that do business in the reqion. My husband is getting a job teaching in the UAE and I would like to investigate the idea of working in my field of professional experience (corporate communications) in some fashion.

Names of companies with a considerable presence in the region would be very helpful. Any other ideas would be helpful, too.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Elizabeth
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth,

I don't think the English teachers on this board are going to be much help to you. I was in the gulf for years and I don't think I could name many companies. Smile Have you thought of using Google or UAE websites? They are all over the internet. Reality is that you won't really be able to do much job searching until you get there. Much will depend on which city you are living in. If you are in Dubai or Abu Dhabi you shouldn't have a problem finding some job - whether it relates that well to your goals or not is another thing. Good Luck

VS
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth

A non-posting reader of this board sent me an email and suggested that you check out a website named - bayt.com - as a good job website for the Emirates.

VS
ElizabethTheGreat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hello VS,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions. Your thoughts are helpful. It is good to know that one can look for a job and find one once one is there on the ground, so to speak.

I will look into the that website you recommended. I'll take any and all ideas that you or others might suggest.

Thanks again.

Elizabeth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: